Skip to main content

1 Down, 3 to Go

Well, I survived week one! It actually went by super fast! I think it is because I had a ton of things going on last week. Lots of activities for the kids, a lesson to prepare, my first 3 tiered cake to make, and a much needed trip to the temple! I even planned a little surprise birthday party for Jeff for the family which gave me something to really be excited about. It was a complete success, he had no clue! I also have a secret friend who has been bringing me little love/support notes and goodies every day! Whoever you are, the words THANK YOU are certainly not enough. The little notes, love and support helped more than you will ever know. I honestly have no clue who you are or even if you read my blog, but if you do Thank you!

Yesterday at church I was feeling good going into week two. I thought last week went by relatively smooth and fast, so this one should too. Apparently I was wrong. Today felt longer than the entire past week combined!! Not to mention our stinking Internet works for about 20 seconds at a time for a total of 10 mins a day and it is driving me NUTS! Yes, it has been good for me not to be on the computer all the time, but honestly, I need the computer to get certain things done. I need to call our Internet company for about the 5 time and schedule someone to come out, but I really didn't want it to have to come to that. The one thing I was counting on to keep me sane was video chatting with the hubs every night while he is gone. Have we even been able to do it once ... no. :( I take that back, my Internet just connected long enough to see his face and have a little chat! Exactly what I needed to end the day and I am feeling better and ready for tomorrow.

Well, I'm going to go be productive. I made a goal to read the entire Book of Mormon while Jeff is gone. Quite the daunting task, but with no Internet it has been relatively easy to make the time. I have never really tried to read the Book of Mormon in such a short time. I don't even know if I have ever finished it within one year. Needless to say, it was time for me to kick my study up a notch. I figured it was perfect timing because I need a little extra help, patients, love, and spirit these 4 weeks and I know of no better way to get those things then by reading this life changing book.

What else should I do this week to keep busy and help it go by fast?

Comments

Vindie said…
Wow that is a sweet goal! I don't think I could ever do that but props to you! I'm sorry this week was so much harder. I promise next week will be easier!

Popular posts from this blog

What to pack . . .

So now that he really could come ANY DAY I figured it was probably time for me to pack my bag. I of course have one of those "What to bring" checklist, but I was wondering what your thoughts where. Is there anything you wish you had brought but didn't? Is there anything you would have died without if you hadn't brought it? I'm just so clueless! A few tips from you experienced mothers would be greatly appreciated!! I cant believe it is so close!!

Have you noticed?

I need a haircut ASAP! This is me saying, "I'll smile if you ignore my hair." Don't get me wrong, I am really excited I have long hair, I love having long hair , but it needs a little TLC. It has been a few months since I have even got a trim and I am still re-couping from a not so good hair cut. The last few times I have really CUT my hair, not just a trim, I was not pleased with the results. Now it would probably help if I was willing to pay more than $10 for a hair cut . . . but I'm Mrs. High Pockets as my father calls me and it is really hard for me to spend money on my hair. So I need your help! What do you think I should do? Before you make any suggestions you should know: It MUST be able to go back into a ponytail!!!!!!! My hair is STICK STRAIGHT My hair will not curl to save my life (via over night curls, hot curls, even curling irons, they just don't work) I want and need something EASY! I do not like to spend time on my hair and I don...

No Use Crying Over Spilled Milk . . .

So being an emotional pregnant woman is definitely taking its tole on both me and Jeff (what a wonderful, patient, and understanding man he is). Saturday morning I was so excited because for the first time in weeks we actually had a morning together. I had planned to make us a delicious breakfast just like my dad always did for me. We had Eggs, Hashbrowns, and even Bacon; we were so excited. So I started cooking the bacon first, knowing it would take the longest. Then when I thought they were close to being done, Jeff started cooking the eggs and I threw on the hashbrowns. Well, needless to say, the eggs finished super fast and the others were not even close. And then to add more to my frustration the pan I was using for the hashbrowns was awful! Despite my many tablespoons of butter the entire thing was completely stuck! I switched pans in the middle to try to save them. In the meantime Jeff ate his eggs so they wouldn't get cold. I insisted on waiting so I could eat th...