Skip to main content

Recent Happenings & P-man Updates

Well, I feel like a lot has happened recently that I have not shared with you, so here goes a catch up post. Just a heads up, this is COMPLETELY random and in no particular order, just things I felt like sharing. Enjoy.

Serious Face

This is P's most recent trick and it CRACKS ME UP!!! This picture does not even do it justice, nor does the video clip (that for some reason appeared at the end of the post). He started doing this a few days ago and we are currently teaching him to do it on command. This was the first time we were able to semi catch it on camera. I'm hoping to get an even better one soon, but really it is so funny! You REALLY should check out the video clip at the end of this post. I wish we would have filmed just 5 minutes sooner, because he was really funny then. He gets to the point where he tries to hold the serious face, but is about to laugh, but he is trying to hold it back . . . too funny! He is such a silly boy, I adore him!


Our Pal Cody

This is our good friend Cody. He is so awesome. Me and Parker play with him and his mommy almost everyday. We usually go on walks together, but this day we decided to play in our little yard. Cody is almost 8 months and just starting to crawl. Him and P had a great time playing in this tent and tunnel while their mommies talked. We are SOOO happy the sun has finally come out so we can play!


Let's compare . . .

Looking at this, it doesn't even seem real to me! I know the more recent picture is a little harder to see since I'm not behind a solid wall, but you still get the gist . . . I'm WAY WAY WAY smaller this time. I'm still measuring fine and the baby is in the ready position . . . it is just crazy to me how different I'm carrying this baby then last time. Keep in mind these pictures are a little biased . . . in the first one I'm only 34 weeks and in the other one I'm 38. I'll take another swimming one at 38 and see how it compares, but really . . . I WAS HUGE last time. Haha!



General Conference
We had the opportunity to go to two sessions of General Conference. They were both wonderful! We were especially excited about the Sunday morning session because we got to be there for music and the spoken word. Not to mention our seats were on the floor instead of the balcony. It was awesome! I was also especially excited this time because I knew it would be our last time to actually attend conference for many many years. We are so spoiled being here at BYU because we have gone to ever conference for the past 7 years.

I was reminded of how special it is and how blessed we were to be there as I was sitting next to a sweet sweet sister from Australia. She was adorable!! This was her first time to the USA and words can not explain how excited she was to be there in the same room as the prophet hearing council face to face. She told me of all the horrible things that happened on their trip here. They traveled with 2 kids under the age of 3 I believe and had everything from having the airlines loose their luggage and have to buy new clothes, they also completely lost their stroller but the airlines gave them money for a new one, their little girl got horrible sick on the first of three flights and threw up all over them (as parents we pack extra clothes for the kids, not ourselves) and as a result wore their vomit stained clothes the whole way. I mean, the list went on and on but she was so positive and nothing could make her feel sad or stop her from coming to conference. It really was a great reminder to me. She was so funny and a delight to be next to and I'm grateful for the lessons she taught me.


The Bean Museum

Jeff and I recently made a list of thing we want to do before we leave Utah and one of the things on there was to go to The Bean Life Science Museum. So a couple of weeks ago they were having an Invertebrates "show" if you will. It is a little presentation where they pull out some live and some dead animals and let you hold and touch them and learn more about them. We decided to go and then to check out the rest of the museum after that. Since it was free and P is older we thought he would really enjoy it.


The show was fun, not quite as fun as the reptile one, but we still got to see some cool things. Parker had a BLAST walking around. They had every kind of animal/bug/creature you can imagine there. It was awesome. P's favorite thing was the bears, but he really enjoyed looking at everything. It was a fun family date.


Swimming Playgroup Pool Party

We have a pool at our apartment complex and since the weather is FINALLY getting warmer we decided to host a Playgroup Pool Party. It was a lot of fun! I had to wake P up from a nap to bring him so he was pretty mellow at first, but by the end he was splashing and laughing and loving every minute of it! We had a better turn out then I expected, there were 4 mothers and babies ranging from 13 months to 6 months. Everyone really had a good time, we can hardly wait to do it again.

Jazz Game & P's New Smile

Parker recently started doing this silly little smile where he scrunches up his face and nose but has a huge smile. I think it is the cutest/silliest thing but have had a heck of a hard time capturing it on camera. The other night some friends had some extra tickets in the BOX SEATS no less for the Jazz game. We of course jumped on the opportunity to get out and do something fun and we all had a great time. It was a really good game too! But I'm not going to lie, after experiencing a game with a toddler, I would not do it again without the Box Seats. It was so nice to have an entire room for him to just wonder and play, it would have been a nightmare in the stands! Anyway, Thanks Garretts for the tickets and Thanks Fugals for switching us shifts so we could go!


My Little Monkey

I have called Parker my little monkey since the day he came home from the hospital. And if he ever was a monkey before, he is DEFINITELY one now! He LOVES LOVES LOVES Bananas! Or "Nana" as he calls them. He knows exactly where we keep them and anytime he wants one walks over to that counter and reaches up and says "Nana, Nana, Nana" over and over and over until I give him one or distract him with something else. I try really really hard to keep it to just one Nana a day, but someday I give in and he has more than that. But it is so fun to see him learn and grow and begin to use words. As you can see in the picture below, he also tries to fit as many in his mouth as he possibly can. This particular time I was making him laugh causing the Bananas to fall out of his mouth. It was so funny. He is such a silly little boy!


A Dream Child!

So P has always been a great sleeper (I know, we are super lucky). As of late he has been even better. He know when he is tired and will often walk himself right over to his bed and wait for us to put him in. Sometimes he just has quite time in there, and other times he goes right to sleep. Either way, Mom and Dad enjoy an extra few minutes on not having to chase him around. He seems to be in the process of transitioning from two naps to one, but isn't quite consistent yet. For now I just look for the clues and let him sleep when he needs too. On the days he only takes one nap, it is a DOOSY of a nap lasting at least 3 hours. Or at least so I thought. One day I thought, Man this kid is OUT! And decided to check on him after 3 hours had passed and this is what I found . . .


He found a book and was just hanging out in there. What a good kid!!

"Ous"

This is another one of Parker's knew words, it means outside. He LOVES to be outside! If I didn't have to chase him around so much we would stay out there all day I'm sure. We do go on multiple walks a day. Usually one long one in the stroller and then a few small ones around the complex where he is the one doing the walking. It is fun and he sure does love it. But as you can see, if it isn't time to go outside he walks over to the door like so, stands on his tippy toes, and tries so hard to open the door whining the whole time. I cant blame him, I hate being indoors too.


Such a Big Boy

I really don't have anything to say about this picture except for the fact that he looks like such a big boy when he is in shoes and a jacket.


Skateboarding Early

Uncle Ricky came over to play the other day and as we were all heading out he Let P try out the skateboard. He's not too impressed yet, but I'm sure he will love riding it soon enough. In the mean time I will enjoy my time not worrying about the many injuries that will happen on such a toy and try to keep him off them as long as I can! lol.


Serious Face Clip





Comments

Alyeic said…
Haha! That "serious" video totally cracked me up:) Too cute!
heather said…
I loved seeing so many different things that Parker does! So fun! And I really hope your little girl is as good a sleeper as he was and is! What a dream! (no pun intended) Has he slept in the pack-n-play in your room his whole life so far? How has that been? We're trying to figure out sleeping with our little girl coming soon, and that is an option we're considering, although I have to admit that I'm not too fond of it! But we shall see!
tdyhtrfyhrt;hjr said…
Haha! That serious face is AWESOME!!
Elizabeth said…
Alright... so when I was pregnant with Abigail I basically could wear my regular jeans until I was about two weeks from my due date. Everyone told me it was because we carry girls high and boys low. I didn't really know if that was true or not... but looking at the difference in your "Parker Picture" and your current picture I think I'm a believer! HUGE DIFFERENCE!! WE are so excited to meet your little girl! Love you!
The video clip was too funny. I love that he has to blink his eyes first every time to get them in the right position. You know he'll love watching this someday.
Brad and Hailey said…
He's adorable! You are one amazing mom and I can't believe you are almost having your little girl! It's so exciting! We need to get together and catch up!

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...