Skip to main content

Remember this . . .

Well SURPRISE!! It is coming back!

Believe me, we are just as surprised as you are!

We are excited! We are nervous! And we have no clue how it will all work out, but this is Heavenly Father's plan for us right now and we know that it will all be ok.

To answer a few questions that I'm sure are running through your mind:

Baby #2 is due May 31, 2010

No, this was not planned

We will be staying in Utah a few extra months after Jeff graduates to have the baby

I am feeling great and am already in my second trimester

Parker and his little sibling will be about 15 months apart
(YIKES! That's what scares me most! But they will be best buddies!)

We will find out the gender in January

I am already starting to feel the baby move

We have already had one ultrasound to find out how far along I was and the baby is very healthy and it's heart is beating strong.

Any other questions . . . I think that about covers it. If you have any others, please feel free to ask, I'm an open book.

I am sorry for waiting so long before spreading the news, but I had to get used to the idea before shouting it out to the world. I pretty much just cried the first couple of weeks because I really was not ready to be pregnant again. I was scared to death about many things, but since then we have truly seen the hand of the Lord in our lives as He has paved the way and made everything work out. There are still a few things I'm worried about such as our lack of insurance (hopefully we will hear from medicaid any day) and our lack of current or incoming funds, but those are all minor details right?

Anyway, we have much to be grateful for, including fertility! lol. But really I have many friends who I know have been trying for years to have children so we are really looking at this with humble hearts and it has given us a chance as husband and wife to truly cleave to our Heavenly Father and each other which has brought even more blessings to our lives.

So, once again, SURPRISE and Merry Christmas!!


Comments

tdyhtrfyhrt;hjr said…
Oh my goodness! Congratulations!! :)
OMG! Yay! How exciting!
Liz said…
Congratulations!! If anyone can do this, it's you! I'll be here when you come back to California to have many playdates. I'm so excited for you and Jeff.
Brad and Hailey said…
Wow how exciting! Congrats! The new baby is due on Angela's 1st birthday ;) Good luck!
Tammy said…
Congrats to you both... How excitingly scary!!
Sara said…
Yeah!!! Congrats!! Sometimes you get the BEST surprises in life (even though it doesn't always feel that way!) We did with this baby, and now we can't wait to meet her! Heavenly Father has perfect timing. Good luck!
How did you suspect you were pregnant?
Oh my goodness! Congratulations!
heather said…
So happy for you Bec! I understand you completely when you say you had to get used to the idea before shouting it to the world. There's lots of "adjusting" to do with major changes in our lives. I'm glad that you are experiencing the joyful anticipation along with the hesitant. Best of both worlds, and helps us appreciate the good in life. Good luck - I'm excited for you!
Mrs! That is crazy! And awesome! And crazy awesome! Congratulations and please keep me posted! xx
Loving Our Life said…
CONGRATULATIONS! Mine are 18mo apart and I love it! It is a little more difficult for a while but then they grow up together. Also, I'm due around the same time. WooHoo for babies!
Hi Becca! Congratulations! Your little ones will grow to be close and great friends :) Also, I'm pretty sure you'll get Medicaid. In the meantime, if you go to Intermountain (UVRMC in Provo) always ask for their financial assitance program. That can help with the hospital bill. And always call the doctor's, ultrasound, etc, and see if they have any financial help available. At UVRMC, the financial counselors are great. I used to work with them all the time. Eileen Barney, if she's still there, can direct you the right way. You just go to the cashier's office and ask to talk to one of the counselors. Like I said, I worked with these people.. and I have seen Medicaid work miracles. And also the financial help program. Good luck! And let me know if I can help somehow. Once again, congrats!
Daniel and Lisa said…
Wowie! What a surprise indeed! I'm super excited to see you at Christmas time, it's been WAY too long since we have! And am also excited for our two boys to play together. Hopefully they'll turn out to be good friends.
Wow! Congratulations. I can understand when you say you weren't ready to be pregnant again. But you know, 18+ months after my first I still didn't feel totally unpregnant. So I guess there's really no perfect time to take the plunge. Someone else just made the decision for you :) Good luck. Let me know if you need anything.
Danielle said…
How exciting! I'm sure it was a surprise, but I know you will be a WONDERFUL mommy to two!!! I'm so happy for you!
~Aimee~ said…
Oh my goodness!! That is QUITE the surprise! Congratulations to you guys! It is very exciting news. I know plenty of people who have had babies 15-18 months apart. They tell me that it's hard for the first few months, then it gets easier because the kids can do so much together. I can imagine how scary that must have been when you found out. I didn't feel 'okay' about the idea of getting pregnant again until Jilly was about 15 months old. I would have reacted the same way. You will do great though! Parker will be a great big brother and you and Jeff will just be over the moon with this new little one joining your happy family. :-)
Katrina said…
Wow!! :) That's exciting! I can understand not really being ready to be pregnant again...but I'm glad things are going well and it'll be so fun! I have a friend who had 2 boys about 15 months apart from each other and she LOVES it! :) (How could she not, I guess...but she definitely was more HAPPY than STRESSED about it!) :)

Can't wait to see what it is this time! What a wonderful blessing to be able to just have faith that Heavenly Father knows what he is doing with our lives. Miss you guys! We'll have to come visit sometime this month!
April J. said…
WOW! You guys can do this and you will have two little ones that will be the best of friends! I always thought a suprise would be fun, then you knew Heavenly Father said NOW is the time! Congratulations! You two are awesome parents and now P-Man can show the next one the ropes!
Shantel Aleece said…
Ugggg!!! I'm glad I read your blog or else I wouldn't have known!! Oh my gosh, I can't believe you're having another baby. My brother and I were only 14 months apart. Oh man, that means you've been pregnant since Parker was 6 months!! Did you know since the beginning? Or did you not realize you were pregnant right away? Oh wow, you definitely have to come over for a play-date now. We have so much to talk about!! Now that we are all not sick anymore, we can have you over. Next week!! Please call.

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...