Skip to main content

Lead Kindly Light

This has always been one of my favorite hymns for many reasons. But the last few years it has been for the same main reason. It is such a perfect reminder for me to trust in the Lord.

Now, I like to think I do a fairly good job of this on a regular basis, but every once in a while I get a reminder from Heavenly Father that I do not need to know everything right now. All I need to know is that no matter the problem, no matter the circumstance, He will provide a way. I have gained such a great testimony about this which has really helped me to rely and trust in my Father in Heaven and that alone has brought me so many blessings!!

So as you might have guessed, Heavenly Father recently sent another little reminder to trust in Him. It all started when we found out I was pregnant, again; without insurance, again; with no money, again. You can see why I might be a little stressed about it and why I might have gone to my Heavenly Father and pleaded for Him to tell me how it would all work out and why it was good timing. He of course gave me comfort but did not answer all my questions or solve all my problems in that very mmoment. I did reassure myself that I knew that this was clearly His plan for us, but I just could not understand how everything would be ok.

This is where the song helps. These are my all time favorite lyrics:

Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene; one step enough for me.

I had to remind myself that I don't need to know everything right now, I don't need to see the distant scene. I just need one step at a time and that is exactly what He gives us. And as hard as it may be sometimes, I really do think it is for our benefit. How can we not benefit by trusting in the Lord? Only good things can come of that! And so they have!!

It really seemed that every day things were falling into place. And today that last main thing fell into place . . . WE GOT ACCEPTED FOR MEDICAID!!!

I honestly have not felt so relieved in a long time!! It is just another testament to me that Heavenly Father does know us personally. He knows what we are going though. He knows what is best for us. And He will provide a way when we are living in accordance to His will. I feel so blessed and am in awe of how much He loves me.

There are obviously still a few kinks to work out before this next little one gets here, but I know that they will all get worked out. And I know that some how I will be able to manage taking care of two little ones, but it certainly wont be without His help! And I will now and forever just take it one step at a time.

For those who are not familiar with the hymn and even those of you who are, here are the lyrics to the whole song. Truly one of my very favorites!

Lead Kindly Light Hymn

Lead, kindly Light, amid th’ encircling gloom, lead Thou me on!
The night is dark, and I am far from home; lead Thou me on!
Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene; one step enough for me.


I was not ever thus, nor prayed that Thou shouldst lead me on;
I loved to choose and see my path; but now lead Thou me on!
I loved the garish day, and, spite of fears,
Pride ruled my will. Remember not past years!

So long Thy power hath blest me, sure it still will lead me on.
O’er moor and fen, o’er crag and torrent, till the night is gone,
And with the morn those angel faces smile, which I
Have loved long since, and lost awhile!

Meantime, along the narrow rugged path, Thyself hast trod,
Lead, Savior, lead me home in childlike faith, home to my God.
To rest forever after earthly strife
In the calm light of everlasting life.

Comments

Brad and Hailey said…
What a beautiful post. I am so glad things are working out for you guys! Heavenly Father does have a plan :)
Kim said…
It can be so frustrating when things don't go "our" way but then when we get a little glimpse of the bigger picture "His" way is always so much better. Thank you for your beautiful post!
Janthony said…
Medicaid has been the BIGGEST blessing with our pregnancy-- I am so happy for you that it's working out for you, too! Zero medical expenses certainly eases the burden of nine long months! I seriously can't imagine how we would have gotten by without it.
April J. said…
This was a perfect post and perfect timing! Thanks for the insight and reminder!
Sara said…
Thanks for the great post, i needed the reminder!
~Aimee~ said…
I was in the same position a year ago when I was pregnant with Jason and had no insurance. Medicaid denied me a couple times and we're still paying off the medical bills. I go through moments where I feel I made a mistake and why didn't I wait to have another baby, etc. BUT- I realize on a daily basis how well I am taken care of. We didn't have any clothes for a boy and people have given us tons. He has had anything he needs taken care of and we are doing all right. Heavenly Father does know what He's doing!
Holly said…
Our daughter Emma was not "planned". We did not have insurance and very little money and it all worked out, now 8 years later we are so grateful to have her in our life.

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...