Skip to main content

Super Yummy and Super Easy!

Hey Friends, I have never really shared a recipe on here before, but I appreciate when other people do so here goes. This recipe is SOOOO easy and it really was super yummy! I got it out of the "Worldwide Ward Cookbook" my mom got me last year.

Salsa Chicken

Ingredients:
  • 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast per person, frozen (I used 4)
  • Bottled or homemade red salsa (I don't even know what kind I used, it was a small bottle and Tostitos brand and was chunky)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • flour tortillas
  • Lettuce, chopped
  • Cheddar cheese, shredded
  • Sour cream
  • green onions, sliced
  • black olives, sliced
In a Crock-Pot, layer frozen chicken breast with salsa. (You don't need to completely cover the chicken with salsa; just smear a little pile on each piece of chicken. I did however use the entire jar for ours) Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook all day on low (we probably only cooked ours 4-5 hours). Before serving,shred chicken with a couple of forks.

To serve place a small amount of shredded chicken mixture on flour tortillas. Top with lettuce, cheese, sour-cream,green onions, and olives. Fold and enjoy! Can also serve with rice and beans. May be made in any quantity; freezes well.

I made this on Sunday. We had the opportunity to attend the Sunday Afternoon session of conference. We asked one of our good friends to watch Parker for us and we re-payed them with this tasty meal. It was seriously so easy! I put it in the crock pot before we left and when we got back I chopped some lettuce, shredded some cheese and we ate. I will definitely be making it again!

Comments

yes! I love those types of recipes! Thanks!
That sounds super delicous.. thanks for sharing it! How long do you think it should be cooked for? was that the 4 to 5 hours suggestion??
Rebecca & Jeff said…
Yeah, 4 to 5 hours on low. Now that I think about it, probably closer to 5. We put it in at 10 am, but somewhere between then and 11 it came unplugged. So plugged it back in at 11. My friend was home keeping an eye on it and I think she said she shredded it at about 4pm. So yeah, that would make 5 hours. It was left in the crock pot on "warm" until we got home. It was super moist, and YUMMY YUMMY flavor. You should TOTALLY try it! I hope that helps.
Rachel said…
Yummers. I'm always up for easy, crock-pot recipes! thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...