So my favorite fair past time is walking around, eating deep fried food, and secretly snapping pics of mullets. You think I'm joking? I'm definitely not joking.
I know, I know, I have a problem and it's kinda embarrassing. It's just, I have a thing for mullets.
Luckily, I think having kids has cured me, at least for now. Turns out when you are focused on walking 3 kids through a crowded fair you don't have much time for mullet hunting. Not even one siting this time and I still had a blast! Who knew!?!
But all kidding aside, we went to the fair yesterday and had THE BEST time. I didn't think it was possible to have such a great time but we did. Jeff scored us some free tickets which was awesome. The kids were great all day and we ended up being there 6-7 hours. So I hope your ready for a massive photo dump of the awesomeness that was at the fair yesterday. Because here we go:
Shows
There are all kinds of performances at the fair. You name it, and it was probably there. When we saw this little circus show on the program we knew the kids would love it. It was nothing amazing, juggling, bad jokes... your usual clown gig and they LOVED IT. Emily kept talking about how we should have brought our clown dress up stuff so we could be clowns too. At the end they started having a TP fight. Just grabbing a wad and throwing it in each other's face. So simple, but the kids thought it was the coolest thing. Especially when they busted out the TP Blower-Gun. I haven't hear so much laughter in a long time. This was the kids absolute favorite thing of the entire day. Even over the treats and the rides. Now that is saying something!
| (So high up we couldn't even fit the top and the pool in one frame. See the guy standing at the top?) |
We randomly wondered by the Diving show that was pretty awesome. I was impressed with their tricks, especially when they went of the super crazy high one and landed in a mere 9 ft deep pool. CRAZY.
RIDES
The kids only got to do 3 rides each. P chose a Spiderman Jungle Gym (Em really wanted to do it too but was too short), the big bumpy slide, and a kangaroo ride. Em chose the Kangaroo, a spinning dragon, and a worm roller coaster. It was her first roller coaster and she chose to sit in the very first seat and even put her hands up the last time around. Love my brave little girl and can't wait to go on more coasters with her!
Horse Racing
After rides we wondered over to the Race Track to see if we could catch a race. We'd never seen one before and thought it would be interesting. We got there just as they were setting up for the next race. It was fun, we got to see them run right past us. Interesting sport, all I could think about was My Fair Lady. The kids thought it was cool, until the horses got on the other side of the track and we could not longer see. Em didn't really care either way, but P really wanted to see. They boy loves racing whether it is cars, horses, or crayons (he'll turn anything into a racing object).
Since they liked the horse racing so much we decided to head to the pic races. We got there right as it was about to start. It was so crowded the kids could hardly see while on our shoulders. Who knew pig racing was so popular. We only stayed for one race. The kids would have loved more, but under the circumstances (no view, holding heavy kids, and horrendous smells) we decided to move on.
Petting Zoo
Right next to the pic races was the petting zoo. Em is my animal lover so her and I went in to pet some animals. There so so many different animals crammed into this little space.
We saw:
Goats
Sheep
Llamas
Pigs
Wallabies
Deer
Donkey
Pony
Ducks
It was fun. I think Em could have stayed in there all day. Our favorites were the teeny, tiny baby goats that were only 1 day old, the silly wallaby sleeping upside-down in a bag, and the llama sitting in the middle of the room that did not even flinch despite everything going on around him. I finally convinced her to leave after she pet every single animal in there twice.
Exhibits
I enjoy walking around the exhibits and seeing all the things people made for the fair. In one of the rooms they had a little scavenger hunt that they invited us to participate in. The kids thought it would be fun so we did it. They did an awesome job and after we submitted our finished product they got a ribbon. Your looking at the two cutest "Fun-Addicts" around. They sure thought it was pretty cool.
Another exhibit was all about bees. We got to see a real hive working like crazy to make that honey. We even saw the queen bee with a yellow dot on her back. I think the kids would have watched those bees for a hour. So cool.
The Firemen set up a spot where they gave out hats, badge stickers, and even tattoos. The kids even got the chance to climb aboard the Fire Engine. Lately this is what Parker has been saying he wants to be when he grows up so I think he really enjoyed this.
Show Animals
We wondered in and out of the show animal barn and got a good look at all the competing animals. The kids saw a few people milking their goats and they thought it was the coolest thing. I could not get them to keep going. I thought it was cool until I started explaining it a little more to the kids and made the mistake of comparing milking the goat to me nursing Riley. Yeah... now I just feel kinda like a goat.
P really wanted to see one more Horse Race, so we headed back to the track. This time we stood near the finish line so P could see the winner. We all picked a number, but alas we were all wrong. #4 took it this time. Good thing we don't actually place bets!
MOTOCROSS
We ended the day with a motorcycle show. It was AWESOME! The kids were in awe of their cool tricks. And so was the lady behind me. I thought she was actually going to have a heart attack watching them.
![]() |
| (Side note: Back to the diving show, even in these motorcycle jump shots you cant even see the top of the high diving board right above em's head here. ) |
I honestly don't think the day couldn't have been any better. Well, I guess if deep fried food was good for you, money grew on trees, and I could have said yes to everything and anything, but alas that is not life. We still have one more ticket and I am honestly contemplating going again this week just me and the kids because it was such a blast. I mean, why not! It was the perfect family day to squeeze in between our 2 weeks without daddy.
Our next grand adventure will be Pismo, for 2 weeks. The kids are counting down the days. They sure love their Hotel Home. Can't wait!








Comments