Five.
As is in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5!
As in High Five!
As in, kindergarten, reading, tooth losing, and starting to be a big kid instead of a little kid, Five.
I sure do love this dude more than words can say. He is the coolest, kindest, smartest, happiest boy I've ever met. He is athletic and is amazing at everything he tries. He is so smart and is starting to read on his own. He still loves math and science. He has a new obsession with Legos. And he is the world's best big brother!
We started the day off as we do all birthdays, by waking up to decorations all over and balloons in his room. Daddy took him out to doughnuts before he had to go to work. We spent the day having tons of fun. His birthday happened to fall on the day he has gymnastics and he loved that. That evening we had a family birthday with all the grandmas and grandpas, great-grandparents, uncles and even Aunt Rachel came out all the way from Kansas to celebrate with him.
Needless to say he loved it! He was the perfect birthday boy. So kind and happy all day.
I made a surprise cake for him (aka: Pinata Cake). He decorated the top all by himself but had no idea there were m&ms inside. He was so surprised when we cut it open. It was so fun.
Some of his favorite gifts were a new batman shirt and action toy, spiderman big wheel, a story book that used to be Rachel's when she was a kid, and a crafty toy kit. It was so fun.
Hot Wheels Race Car Party
We celebrated with a Friend Party at the end of the week.
We played:
Pin the Car on the Race track
Red Light, Green Light
Raced Cars
Tire Toss
Obstacle course
It was so fun. One of the best parties ever. I'm not sure if it is because the kids are getting older or what, but this party was awesome and stress free. Usually I just embrace the chaos that is birthday parties, but this one they all played so well, followed instructions and were all so kind and happy. It really was a perfect birthday party.
The food was fun too. It is funny how doing something this simple gets the kids so excited. They loved pretending they were eating tires, cars, and road cones. So fun watching their imaginations go wild is the best.
And then there was The Cake.
My friend gave me this idea and I'm so glad. I made the cake itself checkerboard as well, seemed fitting for a race car party. It was perfect and it sure was a hit! Watching P's face when he first saw it and what it did made we want to make it all over again.
Now would you believe me if I told you making it was a total disaster?
Building and decorating it was a cinch, but for some reason it baked all funny and the middle of 2 out of 3 of the layers totally did not cook and fell out. Here is the proof. I ended up stuffing the middle with the extra cake top that I cut off because I had no desire (or time) to make another. See...
Luckily you cover cake with frosting and no one ever knew. Well, until now as I'm telling all you my secret. But the birthday boy had no clue and thought it was nothing but perfect. I don't even know how many times he raced the car down that track. He even let all his friends take a turn at his birthday before we cut it open.
It really was the perfect birthday. I still cant believe this handsome stud is FIVE.
Happy Birthday P-man! We sure do love you!
All about Parker age 5 according to Parker
Nicknames: Parker, P-man, Buddy Bubba, P
How old are you? 5
Who is your favorite person in the whole world? Dad
What is your favorite color? Blue
What is your favorite animal? Elephant
What is your favorite book? Thomas read & Play book (also love the Magic Tree house books and insists we read them entirely in one sitting)
What is your favorite TV show? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
What is your favorite movie? Frozen
What is your favorite song? ABCs
What is your favorite sport? Baseball
What is your favorite food? Pancakes
What is your favorite drink? Ice Cold Water
What is your favorite breakfast food? Doughnuts
What is your favorite cereal? Cinnamon Toast Crunch
What is your favorite snack? Pretzels
What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Mint Chocolate Chip
What is your favorite outfit? Ninja Turtles
What is your favorite game? Headbandz
What is your favorite toy? Lightning McQueen race track
Who is your best friend? Jackson
Who are your other friends? Joshie, Logan, Camilla, Holly, JD, Remmi, Blue & Penny
What do you like to do with your friends? Play Pirates
What are you really good at? Sports & Math
What is your favorite thing to do? Legos
What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play with digger dumpers in the dirt
What is your favorite holiday? Easter because I get chocolate
What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Bear & Elle
Where is your favorite place to go? Jackson's House
What is your favorite restaurant? McDonalds
What is your best memory? Disneyland and riding Pirates
Where do you want to go on vacation? Santa Cruz
What do you want to be when you grow up? Firefighters
Who is your biggest hero? Dad
What did you do on your birthday? Played Pin the Car on the Race Track





Comments