Skip to main content

Has it really been 4 years?


All about the P-man at age 4

According to Himself
Favorite Color: Pink & Blue
Favorite Primary Song: Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam
Favorite Food: Toast with a great deal of butter on it & Mac-n-cheese
Favorite Treat: Pink Lollipops
Favorite Toy: Racing Cars
Favorite thing to do: Ride bike down the hill
Favorite thing to do with Dad: Play Go Fish & race Cars
Favorite thing to do with Mom: Go swimming & Play outside
Favorite Animal: Giraffe
Favorite Show: Sid the Science Kid
Favorite Movie: Mulan
Something I'm good at: Making projects, coloring, putting cloths on & off
Favorite place to go: Pool & Zoo
Favorite Book: Mercy Watson (chapter book series) & Little Critter - Bad Dream
When I grow up I want to be a: Fireman
Best Friends: Holly & JD, Remmington & Blue, Penny, Jackson, Andrew


All about the P-man according to Mom
Can I just say that I love this little boy.  I mean really, you think you love them when they are born, and then they start to grow and you begin to understand what love really is.  This boy is amazing.  He is SO STINKING SMART!  I am not kidding.  The other day we were just sitting and reading books and talking about letters.  He randomly stops and looks at me and says "Mom, I have 2 R's in my name and you have 1 in your name and that makes 3 all together."  Writing his own math word problems in his head, without seeing anything written down... blew my mind.  He can add almost any numbers (less than 10) together without using his fingers.  He can look at a clump of objects and tell you how many is there without counting out loud.  Seriously, this kid has crazy math skills already!

Lest you think I sit and do math and read books all day to him, our normal days consist mostly of playing outside for hours.  He especially LOVES to ride his balance bike right now.  He is so good at it and totally ready for pedals.  He can ride down hills and turn corners without putting his feet down at all.  He has a crazy amount of physical endurance and can run forever!  He tries to climb everything.  He jumps off everything.  We usually spend at least 1 hr at the park a day, but some days it is more like 3 or 4 hours.  He is just a physical boy!

He LOVES to play games!  He got lots for his birthday and loves when I suggest we play.  He turns everything into a race.  He is VERY competitive (i only have myself to blame) and I am still trying to figure out how to channel it in a positive way.  Any amazing ideas on how to teach a kid that you don't win every time?  Or how to help them realize it is still fun even if you don't win?  If so PLEASE send them my way!

Our favorite game to play as a family is Hide and Seek.  All 4 of us love it and end up laughing like crazy because of it.

He recently discovered that it is indeed fun to run through the sprinklers.  I think we are going to have an amazing summer filled with water everyday!

He LOVES to have tickle fights with Grandpa P.  I dare you to say "Mike Wizowski" or "doodie, doodie, doodie" to him and see what happens.

Since starting his little preschool, his imagination and dramatic play have really gone wild.  It has been so fun to see.  P and Em are always pretending to be someone and are on some grand adventure.  It is awesome!

He can write all of his letters & numbers.  He LOVES doing mazes and connect the dots.  He is really getting into coloring and even stays in the lines when he wants to.

And most recently, he can spell his name forward AND BACKWARDS from memory.  We were in the car the other day and he was like, "Hey Mom!  Listen to this!"  And he then he proceeded to spell his name forwards and then backwards.  Seriously blew my mind.  He has been able to spell his name for a while now, but to do it backwards, without looking at anything... I'm impressed!

Although they fight like cats & dogs, his best friend in the whole world is his little sister.  They do EVERYTHING together and he wouldn't have it any other way.

It still blows my mind that 4 years could go by so quickly, yet at the same time I can't remember life without this little man.  He is the light of my life.  He makes me laugh everyday.  He teaches me something new all that time.  Because of Him I have a better understanding of what Love really is.


You are shaping up to be one awesome dude P-man!  
Thanks for being a part of our family.

We love you!

Comments

Rachel said…
He is such a little stud. I can't believe how big he is getting! It really doesn't seem that long ago that you were pregnant with him when we lived in Provo. Craziness.
What a sweet post dedicated to. What a funny, smart boy he is!

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...