Is it just me or was it super awesome to have Easter and General Conference back to back?
![]() |
| Our sad attempt at an Easter family photo |
I needed both so desperately.
A reminder about what the Atonement and Resurrection are really all about.
A reminder that life is hard, but we are not alone.
A reminder that the atonement covers so much more than sins.
A reminder that I am doing my very best & that is all I can do.
A reminder that my family really is the most important thing in the world.
A reminder that I am married to an amazing man.
A reminder that our marriage rocks.
A reminder that I don't have to do it all alone.
A reminder that I have so very many blessings.
A reminder that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is true.
A reminder that my kids are AMAZING and teach me so much everyday.
A reminder of where I need to turn for peace, comfort and strength.
I seriously needed those reminders this year.
Easter was so much fun this year.
The kids are are the perfect age. So excited. So eager to learn. So eager to try new things.
It was awesome.
We painted some Easter Crafts for the Grandparents.
I apparently need to do this more often because the kids LOVED IT!
No joke, they kept asking me to print more and more and more for them to do.
The kids dyed eggs with Grandma P. They still talk about it and were so excited to find the eggs the Easter Bunny hid.
Easter morning was so fun. I wish I could describe to you how excited the kids were. P was talking in such a high pitched voice he was pretty much squealing. They did so well at finding all the eggs. We went a little crazy with how many they found (over 40), but they seriously loved it!
We had scary looking bunny cinnamon rolls that the kids loved. And aside from the chocolate eggs and a few jelly beans the Easter Bunny was kind enough to bring non-edible gifts. I think the kids favorite things are the mini paint sets and the squirt bottles. The first day I filled them up they played for at least 90 minutes and only stopped because I made them. Thank you dollar section of Target!
It was so fun getting the kids all dressed up in their new Easter clothes.
I wasn't originally going to get P anything, but I found this little suit at Costco and could not resist because it matched perfectly! And he loved it and was excited to wear it! It was his first time actually wearing a tie. He looked so handsome! I wish we could have gotten a few better shots, but kids will be kids.
It has been a wonderful week! Started with Easter, then Spring break with the kids, and ending with Conference. I am truly feeling overwhelmed with gratitude and love. It came at the perfect time too. This time of year is so hard to me and our family as a whole. Jeff has spent the last three weeks working at least 90 hrs. The poor guy has been getting little to no sleep and not getting to see the kids (or me) at all. It has been hard for all of us. And today he just left on a business trip. Thanks to conference and a wonderful blessing he gave me before he left, I actually feel like I can make it through this week. I know it will not be easy, but I'm grateful for that extra love and support I can feel.
I am so grateful for my Savior EVERYDAY, but especially this time of year.
How much He has done for me.
How because of Him I can be forgiven.
How because of Him I can feel peace and comfort a midst the great storms & trials of life.
How because of Him, I can live again.
How because of Him, families can be together forever.
How because of Him, I am never truly alone.
May we all more fully recognize the blessings in our lives and strive to live worthy of them.
I hope you had a wonderful Easter too!
As we say in Greek:
Christos Aneste!





Comments