Hey Folks,
Well, I feel like it has been forever since I last posted even though it has only been a week. I was on such a blogging kick for a while, I was blogging like a crazy lady.
Well, I'm back to real life where it doesn't appear that I have time for blogging but the hubs is working on something right now and I don't really feel like being productive so here I am.
Life is pretty much amazing right now. This is one of my most favorite times of the year. The fact that Christmas, My Birthday, Our Anniversary, and New Years are all within one week of each other might have something to do with it, but either way, I love it!
My house is all festive, we are eating lots of junk food (not that that is something new, but I feel more justified about it), the hubs hours aren't too crazy yet, and I really do LOVE this toddler phase our kiddos are in.
Have I mentioned that our 5th Anniversary is this year? I'm pretty stoked about it. We have been pretty lame about Anniversaries. Like... not exchanging gifts, not really planning anything out of the ordinary, nothing to make it special. The funny thing is, neither of us have minded. I mean, until this year, we were poor college students and so wrapped up in the newlywed stage that presents and a big ordeal just didn't seem necessary. Well, this year is going to be different. I feel like 5 years is most definitely a milestone worth celebrating. This year was by far the hardest year, at least for me. I loved our little dreamworld we were living in the past 4 years where we saw each other pretty much 24-7. But this year, being apart with his crazy hours was really hard for me. I felt so lonely and really missed just being with him. Anyway, we survived and now it is time to celebrate!
I'm all giddy trying to come up with an awesome date and really want to go all out. We are going to dress up all fancy-smancy, go to a nice dinner without the kids, I'm so excited! I love trying to be all secretive and sneaky as I come up with a rad gift, which is hard to do so any ideas are welcome! :)
Well, tonight for kicks and giggles I decided to try on my wedding dress.
Much to my surprise and excitement, it still fit!

I would be lying if I didn't say is was a little/lot snug, but hey! The zipper is up and I was breathing, I'd say that is a fit! I'm not gonna lie, I'm feeling pretty good about my two-time post-prego body tonight.
Notice our awesome tree in the background. I'm feeling pretty good about that too.
This year I REALLY wanted to go out and cut down our own tree and I found out that the place I used to go as a kid is still up and running. I got so excited and phoned right away to see how much they charged. Jeff said we could do it but I just felt it was little out of our price range for this year. We started at Lows which is where we got our tree the past few years, found a decent one but then the helper guy went on a 30 min break right when we were ready to head and the kids were not going to last another 30 mins of wondering so we left the tree. The last Saturday we braved Costco. After some thorough examinations done by yours truly, we got what I knew was going to be an amazing tree!

You see, at Costco, they are all bound up, so you cant really tell what it was going to look like. At first I was kinda bummed about it but then realized it gave it a whole different kind of excitement. I could hardly wait to untie it and see what it was like. P was such a good helper getting it all stable and ready for the reveal.

With a couple snips we went from this (above) to this (below).
Isn't is perfect!!
It is huge, but I love it! And we just got some awesome red bulbs to go with all of our special childhood/newlywed ornaments. I love how it smells, I love how it looks, I love it!


We also got to visit with good Old Saint Nick at our ward party last Saturday. This was the best picture we got. The kids were not wanting to look at the camera and Em wouldn't even let go of me to sit on his lap so we just jumped in the picture with them. We will have another go at it on Monday, hopefully we'll get a good picture then.
Well, that is all for now. Hope you are enjoying the wonderful CHRISTmas Spirit that is all about. Soak it in and keep it all year!
Comments