Skip to main content

A Christmas Miracle

So the P-man loves trains. He sat on Santa's lap so bravely and asked for a "Train track" for Christmas. During nursery on Sundays he plays with the train, anytime we go anywhere that has a train set he plays and pretty much refuses to leave. So Jeff and I decided that is what we were going to get him for Christmas. We decided this months ago, like 6 months ago. I bought this gem at IKEA, at least I thought it was a gem and a steal at the time. It was so cheap I bought all 4 sets. I was excited and it took ever fiber in my being not to give it to him sooner. But I've been good and it has sat in the spare room unopened and untouched for half a year.

So last night I get a call from Jeff's Grandma telling me about her friend who works at a thrift shop in Pleasant Hill/Walnut Creek. Her friend told her about this Brio Train set and table that had just come in and they were only selling it for $35. She thought of us and gave Grandma a call to see if we were interested (so thoughtful!!). We arranged to come over first thing this morning to check it out but I was pretty sure we would get it.

It was perfect timing because we got up got ready and then I dropped P off at school and then went to get it. So we get there, had a little mix-up at first and they told us it was sold. My heart sank and I was bummed. But then Grandma persisted and we finally talked with the store manager and got it all worked out. Turns out they uped the price to $45 but today everything in the store was half off so I ended up paying $22.50 for over $300 worth of stuff. No joke people! And it is in mint condition!

So what did Jeff and I do when he got home from work and the kids were in bed asleep....



We played with it! It was so fun! There are more pieces then will fit on the table! We tried to use up everything, but we couldn't. We are so excited! P is going to be so excited!



Another super awesome thing about it, we do not even need to give him everything this year. There is so much that we can space it out. And honestly it will be better that way. He is still so young if we gave him all of this right from the start he would be so overwhelmed and not even be able to do everything. So this is a gift that can grow with him. BAH! I'm so excited!



So this was our grand adventure for today! I owe Jeff's Grandma and her friend BIG TIME!! We are SUPER excited to be Santa this year and even more excited to see the P-mans face when he comes running out Christmas morning. Don't you fret, I'll catch it all on tape. But seriously, it is going to be AWESOME!!

Merry almost Christmas! Glad I only have to wait 9 days, because I really don't think I could. I just cant wait to see his reaction!!

p.s. my blogger is kind of freaking out right now and wont let me do links, spell check, bold, or anything else. I'll try and fix it later. Anyone had this happen before?

Comments

Liz said…
That's awesome. Can't wait to see the video of his reaction! Love that kid! And now I know where we will be playing.

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...