Sounds like an oxymoron right? Well, it is true. Our car was in need of an oil change and had been for a while. When Jeff and I were filing the other night we found a coupon for a free oil change at the place we bought our car from that expired this month. So needless to say we used it.
Jeff told me not to worry about making an appointment, so I didn't. We get there and there was a line, so I unloaded the kids, put them in the stroller and gave them snacks to help us wait patiently. Finally our turn. "Just an oil change" I say. "Do you have an appointment? we are at full capacity. Awesome. He was super nice though and ran back to the garage to see if they could squeeze us in and they did. So nice of them. Chuck-E-Cheese just happened to be directly across the street so we dropped the car off and walked over.

I was excited to take the kids there because I had heard good things about it from friends. We walk in, they stamped our hands and we were admitted to the fun zone. I love that it doesn't cost anything to get in. I had one dollar so we got 4 coins to use which was plenty for my two little tots. P headed straight for the tunnel and slide. He was a little too small for it and I had to help him up the initial climb but after that he was fine and as you can tell, he loved it.

Em had a blast just wondering around and checking things out. She loved getting in these little cars and driving. In my attempt to make it more fun I instead made the mistake of putting a token in one... not a good idea. She hated it and just kept screaming "No, No, NO!" Ooops. I actually remember doing the exact same thing when P was 18 months old. Must be the age.

P had fun driving too. I asked him if he wanted the car to move and he said no. So apparently fake driving is all we will ever do which is fine by me. Now if I could just convince them that was still cool in about 14 years....

We used up the rest of our coins on Skee Ball, the funny dog eating game, and wack a mole. The kids were having so much fun that I caved and cashed in one more dollar for more games. We did more Skee Ball, a drop the ball game, and ended with air hockey which P LOVED and was surprisingly good at. He giggled the whole time which in turn made me and Em giggle. It was great.
After about an hour of fun we headed back across the street to see if our car was done. Not quite so we had some snacks and headed to the waiting room. Lucky us there was a train set. P was sold and would have been willing to wait the entire day for the car if it meant he could keep playing with the trains. I had to take the train away to even get him to eat some lunch. All the more reason I'm so excited for Christmas.

It was a great day. We got an oil change and had lots of fun for a grand total of $2. Yup, I'd call that a great day.
Jeff told me not to worry about making an appointment, so I didn't. We get there and there was a line, so I unloaded the kids, put them in the stroller and gave them snacks to help us wait patiently. Finally our turn. "Just an oil change" I say. "Do you have an appointment? we are at full capacity. Awesome. He was super nice though and ran back to the garage to see if they could squeeze us in and they did. So nice of them. Chuck-E-Cheese just happened to be directly across the street so we dropped the car off and walked over.

I was excited to take the kids there because I had heard good things about it from friends. We walk in, they stamped our hands and we were admitted to the fun zone. I love that it doesn't cost anything to get in. I had one dollar so we got 4 coins to use which was plenty for my two little tots. P headed straight for the tunnel and slide. He was a little too small for it and I had to help him up the initial climb but after that he was fine and as you can tell, he loved it.

Em had a blast just wondering around and checking things out. She loved getting in these little cars and driving. In my attempt to make it more fun I instead made the mistake of putting a token in one... not a good idea. She hated it and just kept screaming "No, No, NO!" Ooops. I actually remember doing the exact same thing when P was 18 months old. Must be the age.

P had fun driving too. I asked him if he wanted the car to move and he said no. So apparently fake driving is all we will ever do which is fine by me. Now if I could just convince them that was still cool in about 14 years....

We used up the rest of our coins on Skee Ball, the funny dog eating game, and wack a mole. The kids were having so much fun that I caved and cashed in one more dollar for more games. We did more Skee Ball, a drop the ball game, and ended with air hockey which P LOVED and was surprisingly good at. He giggled the whole time which in turn made me and Em giggle. It was great.
After about an hour of fun we headed back across the street to see if our car was done. Not quite so we had some snacks and headed to the waiting room. Lucky us there was a train set. P was sold and would have been willing to wait the entire day for the car if it meant he could keep playing with the trains. I had to take the train away to even get him to eat some lunch. All the more reason I'm so excited for Christmas.

It was a great day. We got an oil change and had lots of fun for a grand total of $2. Yup, I'd call that a great day.
Comments
P.S. It has been forever since I've read blogs, and I can't believe how big P and Em are getting.
P.P.S. I'm super impressed with the train set you bought. That is an AMAZING deal!!! I'm super jealous.