Skip to main content

Slacker Mom

So I am in the process of making my blog into books since it is pretty much the only journal I have (sad I know). While doing this I realized how many post I had about the P-man and I started feeling guilty for my little lady. Poor girl has hardly anything written down about her! So today, during naptime my number one priority is writing a little about her.

She is now a week shy of being 14 months old (Only 4 more months till nursery!!!). She still is quite the little peanut weighing in at a mere 17 lbs. Let me remind you that P was 20 lbs at 6 months! She has had a few check-ups just for her weight and the doctor is not worried anymore. Her height for weight is right on, so basically she looks like a walking 6 month old which is a funny thing to see. But she can hold her own now. She loves to walk, tries to run, and loves being chased.

She still isn't really interested in eating unless it is cookies or cake. Seriously, I can get her to eat and entire packet of oatmeal in the morning and some applesauce and that is her only real meal the entire day. After that all she will eat is snacks. Goldfish, crackers, cheese puffs, raisins and sometime she will eat some fruit. I have offered this girl everything I can think of! Prepared baby & toddler food, P's food, my food, cooked food, raw food, she still doesn't even like milk! Even stuff I know she likes she wont eat most of the time, even if I wait until she is hungry to feed her. She just picks it up and throws it across the room. AWESOME! Honestly, getting her to eat is my main stress in life right now. p.s. she loves to eat crayons, dirt, sand, and chalk ... but I cant even get her to bring food to her mouth. Any suggestions are welcome and needed!

If you want to know what her personality is think 100% opposite of the P-man. It is amazing to me how young personality shows. They really are people and are completely unique. She is so funny lately, and loves to laugh. She is determined, aggressive, opinionated, knows what she wants and figures out how to get it, smart, brave, observant (she has learned so much from P), active, she is a "go get-her" and this little one is going to be my athlete for sure! She is so strong and flexible, it amazes me! She is most certainly one feisty little girl, but I love her to pieces!

Recently she has started talking a lot more which has been really fun to see. She can say:
  • Mama
  • Dada
  • Bye Bye (By far her favorite saying!)
  • All done
  • Thank you (this one is more just the tone but I don't really know how to write it)
  • ROAR (she has loved to roar for probably 6 months. It cracks me up all the time.)
  • Nana (banana)
  • Baba (baby)
  • Ba (bear)
  • Ni ni (night night)
  • She says something for grandma & grandpa, but I don't know how to describe it
  • If you ask her what a Cow says she'll say "AHHHH!" in a low voice.
  • She can sign "more" and "all done"
  • I know there are a few more words but I cant think of them
She recently has really started liking books. She doesn't really like being read to yet, but she loves just sitting down and flipping through books on her own.

She love music and starts to dance anytime she hears it. It is so fun! Also at night when I sing to her she sings with me (by sings I mean makes random "Ahs" & "Oos"). It is adorable. And when I stop singing she waves bye bye and says goodnight. It is so adorable!


She loves her big bro more than anything! Even when P is on a time out for doing something mean to her, she always tries to go sit with him. It is so fun to see them really start to play. P is always like "Come on Emi." It is adorable. But there is no doubt they are siblings and Em already plays the "I'm the younger sister" card. For example, they will be playing and Em will hit P, and be laughing and laughing, but if P even lays a finger on her she looks at me with that look. I cant really describe it but I know it well (especially since I'm a younger sibling myself). You know what I'm talking about. That I'm so small and fragile he cant touch me like that kind of face. Anyway, it cracks me up but I'm not quite sure how to deal with it. I try and just tell her she is fine and leave it at that but it is a tricky one for me.

She is starting to be more aggressive and can fend for herself which is nice and challenging at the same time. She got her first time-out today. I remember giving them to P at this age but I don't really remember how I handled it. All I remember is for this young I do a min per age. So since she is one no longer than one minute. But how did I get him to stay in the time out spot? She did pretty well and did go say sorry to P after, but I'm not excited she has entered this testing the limits stage.
Overall she is at such a fun age. I can tell she is soaking up everything she sees and does. She is fun to play with. Loves to laugh. Wants so badly to do whatever P is doing. Sometimes he is great about sharing, other times he has a cow if she is even in the same room. For the most part they are doing really well sharing and playing together.

I recently found a little notebook that I apparently started to keep track of all the silly things P was doing. Unfortunately it only had 2 entries. Great idea, poorly executed (Then again, Em was born a few days after those entries, so I guess I have a little excuse for not keeping it up). Anyway, the timing was quite ironic because he was exactly the same age Em is right now when I wrote it. It was so fun to read and to compare what Em is doing to what he was doing. Since P is such a great talker now it is hard for me to remember what he was like at her age. I kept thinking she was behind but after reading it I realized they are at exactly the same place. I really need to start that up again for both kids, or at least start a "Kids say the darnedest things" book.

So there is a little update on my little lady. That reminds me, she is quite a lady. Anytime she is sitting down her legs are crossed, so cute! Anyway, life is good! I love her more than words and I am so grateful to have her in our family! She certainly spices things up for us and keeps us on our toes. I can tell already she is the one that is going to be pushing the rules. P is just like his daddy was as a little boy in the sense that he always wants to do what is right. He is obedient to the T, and he already tells Emily "Don't hit, OK" or "Don't throw food" or "Stay inside, No don't go outside Em!" I could go on and on. He is going to be a good protective big bro.

Seriously, I have the best family ever!

Comments

Nicole said…
That is so sweet- she really is going to have a protective big brother! This was a fun post to read :)
heather said…
Love to hear about Em and see how she and Lady-L match up. I hope there's a chance in the future for them to get to know one another!!
Rachel said…
I know what you mean about being a slacker Mom--it's hard to do all things for your 2nd that you did for you 1st child. Poor 2nd children.

Em is so stinking cute. What a fun post! She is darling, darling, darling!
J. Dormer said…
Your children are beautiful. I enjoy reading your blog. I also want to make my blog into books. Have you found a site you like?

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...