Skip to main content

SF Zoo & The Best Picture Ever

I know I'm a little biased, but seriously, you cannot deny how adorable my little peacock is!

Today we went to the SF Zoo and it was a blast! I was shocked at how well the kids did, but they were awesome! We saw every single exhibit and they lasted 2 hours past what their normal naptime is. It was the perfect day to be at the zoo. It was cold and overcast, but because of that, the animals were up roaming around rather than just hiding in the shade.

Em LOVED looking at all the animals, I was surprised she could see as many as she could. P had fun too, but I must be honest, I think his favorite part was jumping in the puddles. His pants were so soaked we took them off for the car ride home and discovered that his shoes and socks were also drenched. His poor little feet were freezing and resembled large white prunes! Obviously that did not bother him one bit! He also loved riding the Train and Carousel too of course.

We all had a great time. There were lots of things for the kids to do. Statue Animals to climb on, tunnels to pretend to be meerkats, petting zoo for the farm animals (in which parker runs as fast as he can to brush every single one he finds), they even had little stations set up where the kids could feel animals (like turtles, and feathers, things like that), it really was a great day!


We are all pooped now. My kids were gone from our house from 8 am to 8 pm, no joke. Long day, but so great and so worth it! It was even better that we got to enjoy it with some family!

Thanks GG & Grandma for a great day!

Comments

Rachel Wilson said…
These pictures are so fun! I love the zoo and I can't wait to take my kids when they're old enough to appreciate it! I wish we could have been there and watched because kids are so funny! I'm glad you're having fun with them and appreciating how dang cute they are!
Katherine said…
Very adorable peacock! :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...