Skip to main content

As of Late

We have had a lot of fun lately doing all sorts of things and just enjoying life in general. Here is a little peak at what we have been up to.


Pismo Beach
We have been to Pismo 3 times in the past 2 months. We had never been before but Jeff had to go down for work and I was tired of being home alone so we went along for the ride! It was a blast and I am almost hoping he stays on this client so we can do it again next year! There are lots of things for us to do there, obviously the beach, the zoo, swim, parks, libraries, outlet malls, fine dining, you name it they got it! And on the last day Jeff only had to work until 2:00 so we stayed and played as a whole family. It was a great trip!


Stairs

Have I mentioned that the P-man LOVES stairs. Well, he does. It cracks me up, but really he could and sometimes does play on stairs for hours at a time. He just goes up and down, nice and slow, and usually counts the steps as he goes along. My favorite number of his right now is "Segenteen" which being interpreted mean seventeen. These are the stairs behind our hotel that go straight down to the beach. They are kinda scary, but he handled them like a champ!

Little Lady

I love her. She still enjoys eating sand which continues to crack me up. She is starting to walk more and can go a good 20-30 feet if she really wants to. My favorite thing about her walk is that it is quite similar to an orangutan. She holds her arms up in the air and sways them from side to side, it is awesome. She really is seeming like such a big girl to me.


Daddy
I'm loving this guy more and more each day. It is so fun to see him as a daddy. He is such a good one and loves our kids so much. It was awesome to enjoy what they call a "work-ation" with him. SOOOO much better than being home alone! I'm one lucky gal!

Silly Little Girl

Have I mentioned that she cracks me up? Well she does. She always sleeps in funny positions, but when I saw this one the other night, I had to take a picture. Not sure how this is comfortable, but she does it quite often.

CA Academy of Science

So I got tickets to this wonderful museum for Christmas. I really wanted to go with Jeff, but it didn't work out and since the tickets were about to expire we went on a SUPER spare of the moment trip with P's best bud. It was quite a successful trip if I do say so myself. Hopefully I'll do a whole post about it someday, but for now you can know that the kids loved it! I think this tank was their favorite. It took a while to convince them to check out the other stuff they had to offer. But it really was a great trip!

Angry P

HAHA!! This picture makes me laugh every time I see it. P is quite the parrot lately. It used to only include words but now it also includes actions and apparently facial expressions. This must be what my angry face looks like. He will be laughing one second and then make this face and pretend to be mad. He say something like, "No! I not want a sandwich, NO!" and then I laugh and then he laughs too. One of my recent favorite things about him talking so much is I am quickly discovering what my most common phrases are. For example:

"Um.... Sure" or "Um... No"

"Remember mommy, remember?"


Best buds

I am bummed that this picture is blurry, but it captures them so well. P and Em have SOOOO much fun together now. I LOVE IT! It truly melts my heart. Unfortunately it has done horrible things for my productivity. I have been hoping for this time to come when they would play together and entertain themselves so I could get more done... but the second I hear them talking, laughing, and playing I find myself just sneaking in and watching them play. It just might be my favorite thing in the world!

Swimming

Lucky us, we live about 2 blocks away from our local pool. It is awesome, and I'm pretty sure we will be going there on an almost daily basis. Both P and Em LOVE it. It is kinda scary taking them both by myself, but so far we are all still alive! We definitely take advantage when daddy is home to come join the fun!

"I Love to See the Temple"

I think this is P's favorite song. He knows the whole thing and can sing it completely on his own (I really need to post a video of it because it is ADORABLE) which is also what he is doing in the picture. On our way back from the zoo one day, we decided to stop and check out the temple in person. It was so fun to let him run around, check out all the beautiful flowers, and of course the water fountains. We even went into the visitors center in which we had another heart melting moment. When you first walk in the Sister Missionaries greet you and chat for a little. I was standing there talking with them and they were trying to talk to P too but he was pretending to be shy when all of the sudden he saw the huge Christus statue that is there right when you enter. He got all excited and pointed and reverently said to me "It's Jesus." He was so excited and was in awe of Him. We went over and looked closely and talked a little about Him and then continued on with the rest of the center. It was wonderful and made me feel like we are doing a good job in teaching him the gospel.



Well there is still plenty more where that came from. I will hopefully tall you all about it someday soon. But until then

Happy 4th of JULY!!!!

Comments

Brad and Hailey said…
Your kids are so cute! I'm glad you got some time with your hubby! That must be so incredibly hard being away from him for so long! We miss you guys!
Rachel Wilson said…
Your kids are too cute! I miss Parker. I always read your stuff and tell Vince about it and we get a good laugh. I wish we had time to drive up there and see you guys! Looks like you're having a lot of fun though!

Popular posts from this blog

What to pack . . .

So now that he really could come ANY DAY I figured it was probably time for me to pack my bag. I of course have one of those "What to bring" checklist, but I was wondering what your thoughts where. Is there anything you wish you had brought but didn't? Is there anything you would have died without if you hadn't brought it? I'm just so clueless! A few tips from you experienced mothers would be greatly appreciated!! I cant believe it is so close!!

Have you noticed?

I need a haircut ASAP! This is me saying, "I'll smile if you ignore my hair." Don't get me wrong, I am really excited I have long hair, I love having long hair , but it needs a little TLC. It has been a few months since I have even got a trim and I am still re-couping from a not so good hair cut. The last few times I have really CUT my hair, not just a trim, I was not pleased with the results. Now it would probably help if I was willing to pay more than $10 for a hair cut . . . but I'm Mrs. High Pockets as my father calls me and it is really hard for me to spend money on my hair. So I need your help! What do you think I should do? Before you make any suggestions you should know: It MUST be able to go back into a ponytail!!!!!!! My hair is STICK STRAIGHT My hair will not curl to save my life (via over night curls, hot curls, even curling irons, they just don't work) I want and need something EASY! I do not like to spend time on my hair and I don...

No Use Crying Over Spilled Milk . . .

So being an emotional pregnant woman is definitely taking its tole on both me and Jeff (what a wonderful, patient, and understanding man he is). Saturday morning I was so excited because for the first time in weeks we actually had a morning together. I had planned to make us a delicious breakfast just like my dad always did for me. We had Eggs, Hashbrowns, and even Bacon; we were so excited. So I started cooking the bacon first, knowing it would take the longest. Then when I thought they were close to being done, Jeff started cooking the eggs and I threw on the hashbrowns. Well, needless to say, the eggs finished super fast and the others were not even close. And then to add more to my frustration the pan I was using for the hashbrowns was awful! Despite my many tablespoons of butter the entire thing was completely stuck! I switched pans in the middle to try to save them. In the meantime Jeff ate his eggs so they wouldn't get cold. I insisted on waiting so I could eat th...