Skip to main content

Green Beans, The Airport, and a Ping Pong Ball

Have I mentioned lately how much I love my kids? I feel like I have been so caught up lately in getting over illnesses and trying to stay busy that I forget how awesome these little ones are!

For example: The other day I was driving home from a playgroup. It was lunch time. I asked P what he wanted for lunch. He thought about it for a minute and then shouted, "GREEN BEANS!!" Green beans, really? So I made the boy some green beans and he ate a half a can! Silly kid. I wont complain, eat as many green beans as you want!


Now for the little lady. She just recently got over RSV which luckily wasn't too severe and didn't last long. Can I tell you that since she got over this she is a new baby. She is almost 100 times happier then she has been her entire life! Don't get me wrong, I love this little girl to death, but she has been a challenge for me. But now she is so happy, crawling around, laughing and smiling all the time! It is so fun! And she recently learned a new trick. She found a ping pong ball among our toys and decided it was going to be her new favorite toy . . .

She can fit the ENTIRE ball in her mouth, and by the way . . .

She thinks it is HILARIOUS! And so do we. I was really nervous at first, and still get nervous sometimes, but she has total control and pops it right out when she wants to. It is seriously SO FUNNY! I'll try and post a video of it soon.

Did you know that our local airport has a kids area? They can run amuck, play, watch the airplanes take off and land, and sometimes the pilots even wave to the kids as they drive by.


The kids loved it. We went on a super ugly/windy day so I cant wait to go back when it is actually nice outside.

In other news, "Rain, rain, GO AWAY!!" We had a little burst of sun before this HORRIBLY long rain storm. It makes all of us so bummed. In all my years of living in CA I never remember a winter lasting this long or raining this much! In hopes that it will end soon, I will share a picture of Em at the park.

We LOVE to go to the park! And lucky us, we actually have 3 within walking distance! It is so nice. Em loves to swing and P loves to slide. This park is on the way to my parents, so we probably go to this one the most often. But there are tons of parks near by if we ever want to switch things up. So sun ... please come out soon. P is tired of just waving to the park as we drive by and would actually like to go out and play!

Along those same lines. We actually kind of have a park in our house now. P got this slide for his birthday, which he obviously loves! The other day we told him to do a belly slide and this is what he did . . .


Silly boy. Isn't he the best?? I love him to pieces! And Em too of course! Her eyes win me over EVERY TIME I look at her. I am the luckiest lady in the world and although I am a little biased, I think my kids are the cutest! :)

Comments

Vindie said…
Your kids ARE the cutest! I love the belly slide! What a cute little kid. Man thanks for saving us on these rainy days! Love our besties! =)
Kim said…
Being a mom is the best! I love it when other moms love motherhood as much as I do! Love you Bec!
Rory said…
nice to see the uncles are rubbing off on little P! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

What to pack . . .

So now that he really could come ANY DAY I figured it was probably time for me to pack my bag. I of course have one of those "What to bring" checklist, but I was wondering what your thoughts where. Is there anything you wish you had brought but didn't? Is there anything you would have died without if you hadn't brought it? I'm just so clueless! A few tips from you experienced mothers would be greatly appreciated!! I cant believe it is so close!!

Have you noticed?

I need a haircut ASAP! This is me saying, "I'll smile if you ignore my hair." Don't get me wrong, I am really excited I have long hair, I love having long hair , but it needs a little TLC. It has been a few months since I have even got a trim and I am still re-couping from a not so good hair cut. The last few times I have really CUT my hair, not just a trim, I was not pleased with the results. Now it would probably help if I was willing to pay more than $10 for a hair cut . . . but I'm Mrs. High Pockets as my father calls me and it is really hard for me to spend money on my hair. So I need your help! What do you think I should do? Before you make any suggestions you should know: It MUST be able to go back into a ponytail!!!!!!! My hair is STICK STRAIGHT My hair will not curl to save my life (via over night curls, hot curls, even curling irons, they just don't work) I want and need something EASY! I do not like to spend time on my hair and I don...

No Use Crying Over Spilled Milk . . .

So being an emotional pregnant woman is definitely taking its tole on both me and Jeff (what a wonderful, patient, and understanding man he is). Saturday morning I was so excited because for the first time in weeks we actually had a morning together. I had planned to make us a delicious breakfast just like my dad always did for me. We had Eggs, Hashbrowns, and even Bacon; we were so excited. So I started cooking the bacon first, knowing it would take the longest. Then when I thought they were close to being done, Jeff started cooking the eggs and I threw on the hashbrowns. Well, needless to say, the eggs finished super fast and the others were not even close. And then to add more to my frustration the pan I was using for the hashbrowns was awful! Despite my many tablespoons of butter the entire thing was completely stuck! I switched pans in the middle to try to save them. In the meantime Jeff ate his eggs so they wouldn't get cold. I insisted on waiting so I could eat th...