But if you ask him he will say "FFFIVE!!!!!!"Actually, know he knows he is 2 and will respond with that, but if he is feeling silly he will still say 5, cracks me up every time!
P turned 2 on Thursday and we celebrated through the weekend! The main parties were Saturday. We had one in the morning for friends, then had a slight intermission called Nap Time, and then the whole family came over to celebrate with dinner, cake, ice cream & presents. It was an awesome day!
It was my first time participating in a kid birthday with the exception of my own birthdays as a kid so I was kinda nervous but mostly SUPER excited for it. I did lots of planning and tried to find as much Mr. Potato Head things I could. It was kind of silly for me to think that there would be any structure to a 2 year olds birthday party, but I am glad that I had some activities planned. I found a place online that had free Mr. Potato coloring pages so I based most of my ideas of what to do off of those.
There was one of Mr. Potato blowing bubble so we did that for a while. I gave all the kids little bubble popping wands which they really liked.

I found another one of Mr. Potato playing Basketball, so some of the kids did that.
There was another one of Mr. Potato drawing/painting so I printed off some of the free printable for the kids and put them on little easel and let them color.




I made a "Pin the face on Mr. Potato Head" The kids LOVED this! I should have done it more than once. He was the finished result of the kid's placement.
I of course made a Mr. Potato Head cake. It didn't come out quite like I was hoping, but P LOVED it and got so excited every time he looked at it, so I guess that is all that really matters. I made cupcakes for the kid's party and we saved the big cake for the family party.

Overall it was great! I think the kids had a blast, and the mom's did too. There were 6 kids there total. I forgot to get a group picture, but here is one with most the kids. If you have kids, you know it is nearly impossible to get them all to look at the camera at the same time. O-well, they had fun, I promise. :)

For the family party I thought it would be nice to do dinner. To keep with the theme we decided to do a Potato Bar. We baked the potatoes and the gave out assignments for all the toppings. It was fun, easy and yummy! We had a great time as we visited, ate, and watched P play. We then decided to open presents.

P had so much fun and loved EVERYTHING he got! He got books, puzzles, clothes, a toddler power wheels, a slide and tons more.
We feel so blessed! I am glad that we were able to share the day with great friends and with all our family. I know that P had an amazing time and that is what matters the most to me. Thanks to everyone who contributed and helped make it such a special day for him!
Happy Birthday P-man! We love you!

Comments
Parker is adorable and getting so big! What a fun birthday party! Happy Birthday, P-man!