I found this Christmas letter I wrote last year but never sent out. So for all inquiring minds but mostly so I can have it documented here it is.
Sending Christmas cards is one of my favorite things to
do. I remember sending full page letters
when Jeff and I were newlyweds with no kids and nothing to report. Makes me
laugh just thinking about that. And now
that I have 4 wonderful kids and tons to report on, yet it didn’t happen this
year and I’m so sad about it. I couldn’t send nothing, so a digital note will
have to do this year. So here’s the rundown:
Parker – 10 – Succeeding in 5th grade, loves reading, playing the clarinet, loves all sports and games, and is almost as competitive as his mom. This year he tried baseball for the first time as well as indoor soccer. Both were very different experiences but he has learned so much from both. He also loves running. He came in 21/600 racers (kids and adults) in a local 5K, we were all blown away!
Emily – 9 – Loving 4th grade and doing great! She loves doing homework, being a “Library Super Hero,” and spending time with friends. She is very organized and self-motivated. She recently got a new pet, YODA, an African Fat Tailed Gecko and she loves him. She also decided to try out dance this year. She is taking a contemporary class and loving it! She’s also learning to play the Violin and loves it.
Riley – 6 – Thriving in 1st grade despite being the youngest in the class. She loves school! Especially math and reading. She especially loves spending time with her friends, and often spends a little too much time chatting and giggling in class. She recently stopped gymnastics and started taking a hip-hop/jazz dance class and she is LOVING it. She also enjoys playing the piano and singing.
Kyle – 4 – Enjoying Preschool as he continues to learn how to read and write his letters. This kids is such a funny boy, always looking for ways to make people laugh. He currently enjoys playing with Legos or running around outside with friends. He tried out T-ball this past year and did great! Hoping for another fun season this year too.
Jeff – Still going strong at Ernst & Young, just finished his 9th year. A few highlights for him this year were watching his boys play baseball, going on the dodger trip, and a trip to Vegas with Bec. He also thoroughly enjoyed our adult only trip to Disneyland too.
As for me, it has been one of the wildest most amazing years
of my life. Aside from the busyness of
PTA meetings, new church calling (YW Pres.), and keeping 4 kids alive and
getting them to all their respective activities, I found and reconnected with both
sides of my birth family; all who are incredible, loving, and awesome
people. I truly feel nothing but
gratitude for my life, for these people who selflessly put my needs before
their own so many years ago, and for my parents who gave me the best life and continue
to bless my life daily. It has been so
fun to meet grandparents, aunts, uncles, and half siblings and I’m so grateful
they have all welcomed me with open arms.
I’m excited to continue to get to know them and so excited to have more
people to love.
2019 Family Adventure Highlights
1. 1. Legoland
2. 2. Dodger Trip
3. 3. Utah
4. 4. Camping
5. 5. Six Flags and Waterworld
Comments