Skip to main content

No-vember

Could time be passing any quicker?  I swear September though November came and went as fast as I blinked my eyes.  And thanks to a broken camera I have little to show for it.  :(  (Hint, Hint Santa, if you're reading this...).  Anyway, just thought I'd do a small photo dump of the pics I do have.  Here goes:

Visiting Santa



 We went to see Santa at the mall.  They had this awesome set up, put on by Snapfish and Ice Age. The kids got to walk through a snow globe where it actually was snowing.  The day we went we were the only ones so the kids played in there for probably 20 minutes.  They thought it was so cool.  I had ZERO intention (hence the not adorable or matching outfits) of having the kids take an official picture with Santa but while they were playing in the snow globe I glanced at the brochure only to discover that a code for a FREE photobook comes with each purchase.  Really... I have very few weaknesses in life, especially when it comes to me having to spend money, but photobooks just happen to be one of them.  So I told the kids to hop on the Jolly Old Man's lap and smile.  Once again, because we were the only ones there they actually spent a while getting the kids to look at the camera and even smile.  I was impressed.  And although I still don't like Snapfish as much as Shutterfly, a free photobook + an adorable picture of my kids with Santa... I'd say it was a win win for sure!


Breakfast Jewelry
 One day I thought the kids would have fun eating their breakfast via necklace.  I was right, except P loved it so much he didn't want to eat it.  He wore it all day.  He even wore it to Preschool so he could show all his friends.

Babies In our Bellies
No this is not an announcement.  The kids came running out one day saying "Look Mom!  We have babies in our Bellies."  I laughed so hard!  I honestly do not remember telling them people ever had babies in their bellies but then I thought about all my friends who either recently had a baby or are expecting and then it all made sense.  But it still cracked me up.

P is for Pattern Master
The P-man LOVES to do patterns.   It all started with a preschool pack I downloaded MONTHS ago.  Ever since he learned what they are, he loves to do them.  At first I was pointing them out and he would finish them, then he would find them, and now he makes his own.  This day he saw the colored blocks and just decided to make a pattern.  Sure this one is a simple one, but he also does very well with complex ones.  I gave him a super tricky 5 sequence pattern and only gave it to him once and he got it right away.  This boy is going to be a math whiz just like his daddy and grandpa.

Mommy, Take a Picture!
This girl is such a HAM!  She will run around and do something and then call for me to come take her picture.  Then she'll look at it and say, "Another one please."  Good thing she is so cute and I happen to LOVE having pictures of her. 

Just Wrestling Around
Do your kids wrestle? Mine do... all the time!  I thought this would only be an issue once we had two boys... boy was I wrong!  Em is even the instigator!  As long as they both are having fun I guess. 

Sick, Sleepy, & Sad
Just like most people, we caught the 24 hr flu.  The sad thing, P started throwing up while we were at the Drive-ins.  We took the kids to see Wreck It Ralph, it was a blast.  The whole time I was wondering why P wasn't eating all the goodies that I brought that I rarely let them eat.  That should have been my hint.  Unfortunately, P did not say a word that he was feeling sick, and didn't even squirm right before he threw up, he just did out of now where.  It was so sad.  The look on his face just broke my heart.  This was the first time he had ever had the flu and he literally had no idea what was going on.  I felt so bad for the kid.  Luckily is really only lasted 24 hrs and Em caught it the next day.  Hers was a little worse.  She threw up much more frequently and it was much more obvious with her uncomfortable  Squirmy, whiny, and crying, just like me when I have the flu... this girl really is my mini me.  Again, the happy thing, only lasted 24 hours and neither Jeff nor I caught it.  MIRACLE! But it really was some of the saddest 2 days I have ever experienced.  I hate when they are sick because you can not to anything to make it go away.  Luckily, I'm really good at snuggling which is about the only thing they wanted to do.  :)


Thanksgiving
Our Thanksgiving was really nice this year.  It was my family's year so we headed over to join the small group of just 18 this year.  It was really nice.  I was assigned the mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes.  My sweet potatoes where a HIT by the way.  And by a hit, I mean that they were seriously amazing and everyone that tasted them asked for the recipe.  I felt pretty cool.  Thanks to this recipe for Ruth's Chris Sweet Potato Casserole.  

Apparently we are thankful for sleep.  Em fell asleep right as we were about to eat.  My poor dad, I offered to move her, but my dad gladly passed up eating the food hot to hold his sweet little grand daughter.  Did you know that this man lives to be a Grandpa and he seriously is the best one around!  I sure am thankful for him.  And while we were eating he decided to take a little rest too, sounds like a great idea to me.

We ate dinner and spent a few hours at my folks and then headed over to Jeff's side of the family for dessert.  His Aunt, Uncle and cousins came from out of state this year and so we really wanted to spend some time with them.  Not to mention we are super lucky to have both our families in the same town that make that option even possible.  

We got to his Grandma's and almost EVERYONE was asleep.  What a party.  Haha.  But we did have a couple hours to visit, eat even more, and enjoy some time with family we do not get to see often enough.  It really was a wonderful Thanksgiving and we indeed have very much to be thankful for.

Thankful for this Dude

Since we did a horrible job of documenting Thanksgiving via pictures, we took one that night after all the festivities were over and the kids were in bed.  Me and My Hunka-Hunka-Burning Love.  I sure am thankful for him and lucky to spend everyday with my best friend.

Hope your Thanksgiving was filled with lots of fun, family, and of course food.  Now bring on Christmas!  I hope December decides to stay a little longer, or at least pass a little slower.

Merry Christmas!

Comments

heather said…
Love the picture dump! And that recipe is almost identical to a Paula Dean's recipe I used for sweet potatoes this year. It was a major hit in this house too! :) Yahoo! Oh, and I laughed out loud reading about your weakness for photo books. You are totally awesome Bec! This is random, but do you remember sophmore year how we would literally fall on the floor laughing all.the.time? Logan does that now, and every time his legs go limp I start laughing right along with him and I have these memories of you and I doing the same thing. Love you! :)
I got teary eyed reading about your Dad. He is a great Grandpa! Funny thing is when I saw the picture I thought Ive seen him asleep like this before..ha ha :)
Aaron Andersen said…
hey! i wondered if you could direct me to the preschool pack that you said you downloaded for P, especially the patterns. I'd love to take a look at it. Maybe you could email it to me since I might forget to check this blog entry again for your response. Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...