Skip to main content

The Adams Family ... Dun nu nu nu ... click click


Ok, so obviously no relation to the tv show but lots of relation to us!  Every 3 year the Adams family has a huge family reunion.  People come in from all over the country to re-connect with the ever growing family.  We are related to the Adams family via the Score side.  Can I just tell you how very awesome this family is!  They welcomed me with open arms at the last reunion and it was a blast to see them all again and strengthen our relationship with them.  I am sad that they only happen every 3 years!  I'd totally be down for one every year but the costs add up quick, so I guess every 3 years is reasonable.  :)


This year the reunion was in Portland, OR.  We had a great group, we even had some people I had never met.  I was worried how the kids would do, but the older kids just loved them to pieces and took such great care of them I hardly saw them at all!  :)

(Warning: these pictures are completely out of order and it is driving me crazy but my patients has run out, so I hope you can piece it together.  Sorry)



P was NOT happy about the water fight.  He was seriously so mad and I could not convince him that they were having fun and just playing.  
Here he is giving the big kids a lecture
The last night we set off some fireworks, the kids loved it!  Note P covering his ears
 Friday was activity day.  Nothing really planned, just a chance to explore the city.  A lard group of us decided to hike Beacon Rock.  It is 848 feet high and from the top you can see literally hundreds of miles.  It was pretty awesome.  P wanted to do it with us, I was a little worried since the path was not really toddler friendly, but I set some rules at the beginning and he stuck to them and made it all the way to the top!  What a trooper!  We let Em stay on the ground and hang out with Grandpa which I think was a wise decision for the little girl who can't sit still.  :)

Beacon Rock (photo thanks to Wikipedia)


Going up.

Our muscles!  We made it to the top!

Love this hunk!
I took P on the way up and had daddy take him on the way down.  I hurried down to be with Em.

She was excited to see me and came running to me.  :)

Then we went for our own hike until we met up with daddy and P.

Here is the group that went standing at the base of the rock.
We hopped in the car and headed over to Multnoma Falls since it was on the way.  


It was nap time, but we thought the kids would like it.  They did... but in a very tired kind of way.



I'm still glad we went.  It is one of those "must see" places.  So beautiful!  And I love that you can get so close.  I would have loved to have done an actually hike there, but time and children did now allow for it this time, maybe next time we are in Portland.  :)
P wouldn't look at the camera to save his life!
Such a great daddy!  :)
We spent a lot of time at the host family's home but there were lots of cousins to play with and plenty to do.  The kids especially loved their chickens and this adorably baby chick.

Playing a little wiffle ball.  P actually can hit when I pitch to him! :)
Hot Potato!

Summer-saults - both kids and do them surprisingly well




We even made it over to Voodoo Doughnuts.  It was an... interesting experience but those doughnuts were seriously delicious!  Yes... em's is covered in M&M's and yes that is all she ate.  lol.


 We spent on day at a fun center, I forgot the name but it is one of those places that has go-carts, mini golf, laser tag, bumper boats, and all that jazz.  We all had a blast acting like kids again.  P even rode the go-carts with grandpa.  He was scared but did like it.  We also took the kids on the bumper boats which they thought were awesome until they got squirted.  Then it was tears.  We all came off totally drenched!  It looked like we jumped in the pool with our clothes on.  It was so fun, we all had a blast!
Brothers.  I love how the oldest is the smallest.
Because Jeff had to be in Pismo Beach Monday morning we had to leave the reunion a day early.  We were all bummed, but you gotta do what you gotta do.  It was nice to have Jeff make the ride back with us (I drove with the kids to Seattle, WA all by myself the week before).  The kids really did great!  We drove all the way from Portland, OR to Pismo Beach, CA in one day.  What troopers!  On the way through Medford we stopped by one of Jeff's favorite childhood parks.  It was just as he remembered it and the kids had a blast running around it.

So grateful to be a part of such a wonderful family!  I am already excited for the next reunion!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to pack . . .

So now that he really could come ANY DAY I figured it was probably time for me to pack my bag. I of course have one of those "What to bring" checklist, but I was wondering what your thoughts where. Is there anything you wish you had brought but didn't? Is there anything you would have died without if you hadn't brought it? I'm just so clueless! A few tips from you experienced mothers would be greatly appreciated!! I cant believe it is so close!!

Have you noticed?

I need a haircut ASAP! This is me saying, "I'll smile if you ignore my hair." Don't get me wrong, I am really excited I have long hair, I love having long hair , but it needs a little TLC. It has been a few months since I have even got a trim and I am still re-couping from a not so good hair cut. The last few times I have really CUT my hair, not just a trim, I was not pleased with the results. Now it would probably help if I was willing to pay more than $10 for a hair cut . . . but I'm Mrs. High Pockets as my father calls me and it is really hard for me to spend money on my hair. So I need your help! What do you think I should do? Before you make any suggestions you should know: It MUST be able to go back into a ponytail!!!!!!! My hair is STICK STRAIGHT My hair will not curl to save my life (via over night curls, hot curls, even curling irons, they just don't work) I want and need something EASY! I do not like to spend time on my hair and I don...

No Use Crying Over Spilled Milk . . .

So being an emotional pregnant woman is definitely taking its tole on both me and Jeff (what a wonderful, patient, and understanding man he is). Saturday morning I was so excited because for the first time in weeks we actually had a morning together. I had planned to make us a delicious breakfast just like my dad always did for me. We had Eggs, Hashbrowns, and even Bacon; we were so excited. So I started cooking the bacon first, knowing it would take the longest. Then when I thought they were close to being done, Jeff started cooking the eggs and I threw on the hashbrowns. Well, needless to say, the eggs finished super fast and the others were not even close. And then to add more to my frustration the pan I was using for the hashbrowns was awful! Despite my many tablespoons of butter the entire thing was completely stuck! I switched pans in the middle to try to save them. In the meantime Jeff ate his eggs so they wouldn't get cold. I insisted on waiting so I could eat th...