![]() |
| San Diego Temple |
![]() |
| Buddies |
![]() |
| Not happy with the cake and presents I guess |
![]() |
| After beach bath |
![]() |
| Em really wanted to hold Eleanor |
![]() |
| Eating Gummies in the sand |
![]() |
| Me and my beach bums |
![]() |
| Em wanted a picture of our sandy toes |
![]() |
| Temple Tantrum: It's my party and I'll cry if I want to. |
![]() |
| I think Em wants a baby sister |
![]() |
| Birthday girl |
![]() |
| Rocking out suits at the beach |
![]() |
| Me and my squinty eyed hunk. |
Em's Birthday was yesterday and it was our most memorable day of the trip yet! We really wanted to make it special, but one of our main goals of the trip was to go to the San Diego Temple and it just worked out that Saturday was the best day to go. Jeff and I actually had to leave the house before Em woke up so we decorated the room with balloons so her morning would still be special and told her the night before that we were going to see her at the temple and then go to the beach. She was excited about both.
So we got up early to be in San Diego by 7. We did some sealings and then got to spend some time in the Celestial room. Probably the most beautiful place I have ever been. We had an amazing experience. Learned lots, felt the spirit, remembered covenants and promises we have made and really would just filled with love and the spirit. We came out to greet the kids and swap so the other couple could go in too. It was fun running around temple grounds with 4 little ones, Parker being the oldest.
Em didn't think it was so awesome and actually had a 40 minute tantrum which nothing, not even her favorite things in the world seemed to calm. That wasn't so awesome, but once she decided to be happy, she loved it! After we were done we grabbed some In-N-Out and headed to the beach.
The kids had a blast and so did the adults. It was the perfect day to be at the beach too. The sun was out but there was a nice breeze so it was the perfect weather. Em had a great time and had probably 6 bags of gummies (fruit snacks). She kept getting another one and bringing back to me saying, "I want more, it's my birthday." This girl ... lol... she knows what she wants, and she knows how to get it. She knew it was her birthday and she milked it for all it was worth! But really, i haven't met anyone who love gummies as much as this girl. She even ate her friends that had fallen in the sand, then again she likes to eat sand. Silly girl.
We ended the day relaxing and recouping from all the sun we got. The kids watch Tangled and the adults played games. Emily picked what kind of cake she wanted. First it was Yellow Cake with Chocolate Frosting. Then when I asked if she wanted a big cake, cupcakes, or cake balls she voted for cake balls. So I made them for the first time. It was fun and they were super delicious! We stuck some candles in and sang to her which despite her requesting for us to sing to her multiple times throughout the day she did not like and started screaming and crying. It's a party and I'll cry if I want to. That was her motto for the day. Overall she said she still had a great day. I personally thought it was an amazing day! I already want to go back to the temple. It was indescribably beautiful!
Anyway, there is a quick glimpse in to at least one day of our awesome 2 week adventure and of our sweet will Em's 2nd birthday! We'll do another post dedicated to her soon! She has so many awesome little quirks right now, I need to get them down.
Life is wonderful! The Church is true. The beach is the best. And Family and Friends make life amazing!













Comments
Your kids are getting so cute! and so big :)
Happy Birthday to Em!
And PS where did you get your suit? Very cute! :)