
Well, I took the little lady to the doctor this week. She was a measly 16 lbs 10 oz. That is 3 oz. less than last time we went to the doctors which is not a good thing. She is also officially in the 1% of all children her age. So the doctor told me to fatten her up.
Our first battle is with Milk. She will not drink it, period. That was until I made one of these "Green Smoothies." My first one wasn't actually green in color but it had:
1 Cup Whole Milk
1 Banana
1 Cup Strawberry Yogurt
A few Strawberries
1/2 cup of Peas
She LOVED IT! The most milk I have gotten her to drink EVER.
I have since then researched a lot more recipes. The best green food to put in is Spinach or Kale. I just bought some tonight and will be trying them out tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm pretty excited about it. The best thing about it is you can really throw ANYTHING in you want. I'll try and post our favorites, but so far everything I have read the kids love them and they are SUPER healthy.

(A picture of one the recipes before blending)
This will also be good because Emily is on a High Fat diet while Parker is on a Low Fat diet (his last appointment he was technically overweight). This makes my meal planning pretty tricky. P always wants what Em is eating and since she needs fatty stuff he cant have it. These smoothies will be great because I can make a more fatty one for her and a less fatty one for him simply by switching the milk for water.
Wish me luck!
Em has a follow-up appointment in a month to make sure she starts gaining.
Comments
Also when Lauren turned a year she lost a bunch of weight. (For her height she was under weight) We didn't really change her eating habits, and about a month or two later she just started eating again. Don't get me wrong she would eat little things here and there, but nothing like you would expect.
I think kids just go through grow spurts, and growth slow downs.