Skip to main content

Ahh ... To Be Me Again

If I have done my calculations correctly, it has been EXACTLY 3 YEARS since I have been just me. And by just me I mean not growing a human (or 2) or being the sole source of nutrients (nursing). Yes folks, that is 3 years of sacrificing my physical body for the benefit of another being. Please don't get me wrong ... I am SOOOOO VERY GRATEFUL that I am blessed with a body that was able to conceive, grow, and feed 2 amazing children. I am truly blessed. But this is also the first time in 3 years that I have actually felt good (physically/aesthetically) about myself.

You see, after P was born I worked my tail off trying to lose the extra weight. I gained a lovely 50 lbs with him, so believe me, there was PLENTY of extra weight. I lost half within one week of him being born. Unfortunately, no matter how much I worked out I did not lose the weight. Then only 6 1/2 months after P was born I found myself pregnant again. I begged the nutritionist to let me work out really hard to lose weight before I started gaining again but she forbid it. I was able to keep my weight gain to the appropriate 25 lbs this second time around which I was grateful for and just like last time, I lost that 25 lbs within one week of having Em. Unfortunately, I still had that extra 25 lbs to go from my pregnancy with P. I was so worried that I would never lose it, especially since I tried SO HARD last time and had no success. But I am happy to announce that I am officially back to my Pre-Parker weight and I feel great!
(Please ignore the goofy grin on my face)

Honestly, I would still love to lose 5 more lbs, but I am well withing my appropriate BMI and so I cannot be sad about that. And I still have some serious toning to do, and I doubt I will ever get rid of my saggy-been pregnant twice belly, but I can at least hide now. It is still kind of a mystery how I lost the weight this time around. I am guessing it was basically all just nursing. I started out walking when we first moved back, but when the cold weather hit we stopped. Aside from that I can probably count on one had the number of times I have actually worked out. I feel so blessed and so grateful and so good! Jeff and I will probably have to down our 2 sometimes 3 desserts a day (no that was not a typo ... we are REALLY BAD when it comes to sweets!) to 1 in order for me to keep it up or I guess down.

I am honestly feel like a new person! Since I stopped nursing Em (3 weeks ago) I truly feel amazing! I didn't realized how much it kept me from doing and how it kept me from feeling. Again, please do not get me wrong. . . I am so happy nursing went better this second time around and that I was able to nurse for the full year. It was my goal and got really hard toward the end (mastitis and breast-yeast-infections at the same time) but I am so happy I did it!

It is still hard for me to believe that it has been 3 years since I first got pregnant. Time flies. Again, I am grateful for my able body and the opportunity I had to create life. It still blows my mind when I really think about it! But I am very excited to be me, just me with no attachments! We'll see how long it last. ;) JK I'm not planning on getting pregnant anytime soon, but last time Heavenly Father overrode my decision which I am so grateful for. I'm hoping for one year to soak up the time I have with these 2 little ones. It is such a fun age! I'll post all about them soon! This was kind of selfish post, but I think 3 years straight of physically/mental/emotionally self sacrifice allows for a little bit. Sorry for the rambling. And again, please don't take any of this the wrong way. It was definitely worth ever minute of everyday! Besides the hubs, they are the best things that have ever happened to me!

Comments

elysebeard said…
FLAUNT IT GIRL! you look sexy!!! Stop apologizing, you need to toot your own horn! I'm so happy for you! You look great!
Jen Scardaci said…
Yeah Bec you look awesome!!!! Now if I could only lose my unwanted weight. It is super hard to do
Jen
Janneke said…
I just had to say that you are such a wonderful example of sacrifice and dedication! I love you and you look AMAZING!!!! And soooooo happy! I'm so happy for you and glad it didn't take a lot more sacrifice (sleep or food) to shed the weight. Enjoy your well-deserved you time. Every woman needs it! Another kid can wait. ;)
Janthony said…
Way to go, Bec, you're awesome! Enjoy it!
Sarah said…
You look incredible! All I see is a woman that not only looks beautiful on the outside but is a supermodel on the inside as well! You deserve to look and feel amazing after all of that sacrifice. Never forget who you are...a woman, and mother...but also Jeff's hot wife! haha
Way to go Becca! And I'm happy for you! Having your body back is, well, AMAZING!!!! You look great!
tdyhtrfyhrt;hjr said…
That's so great!! Way to go!!
Flaunt it, Rebecca! You deserve it! I sometimes think about how I felt (like a crazy person) when I was pregnant or breastfeeding, and I have to immediately think about something else. You definitely have my respect. Enjoy your more "me time" (whatever that means with two small kids...)! You look great!
Kim said…
You look so great! I think you probably exercise A LOT everyday trying to keep up with 2 kiddos. So just think of that as your exercise!
Vindie said…
I love that picture of you! So cute! I love this post. You are a freaking amazing mama and I am so grateful for your example to me everyday! So glad you are feeling how you have always looked...dang cute!
heather said…
You are looking great Bec! Love and miss you!
Rachel said…
I totally agree! You look awesome! Way to get down to weight! I know exactly what you mean about "being you" again. It's wonderful! Life as a Mom is the best, and completely worth all and any sacrifices made. It's also nice to have your body feels/looks like you remember...even if it's only for a moment! :)
I'm impressed the weight came off without some serious exercising. I've had to seriously work out A LOT to get my body back to where it used to be--but it was worth it! I love having my body back for a little bit of time.
Katherine said…
I agree with all the above comments! 1. You look great! 2. I am so amazed at how well you handle 2 kids so close in age 3. Congratulations :)

Popular posts from this blog

What to pack . . .

So now that he really could come ANY DAY I figured it was probably time for me to pack my bag. I of course have one of those "What to bring" checklist, but I was wondering what your thoughts where. Is there anything you wish you had brought but didn't? Is there anything you would have died without if you hadn't brought it? I'm just so clueless! A few tips from you experienced mothers would be greatly appreciated!! I cant believe it is so close!!

Have you noticed?

I need a haircut ASAP! This is me saying, "I'll smile if you ignore my hair." Don't get me wrong, I am really excited I have long hair, I love having long hair , but it needs a little TLC. It has been a few months since I have even got a trim and I am still re-couping from a not so good hair cut. The last few times I have really CUT my hair, not just a trim, I was not pleased with the results. Now it would probably help if I was willing to pay more than $10 for a hair cut . . . but I'm Mrs. High Pockets as my father calls me and it is really hard for me to spend money on my hair. So I need your help! What do you think I should do? Before you make any suggestions you should know: It MUST be able to go back into a ponytail!!!!!!! My hair is STICK STRAIGHT My hair will not curl to save my life (via over night curls, hot curls, even curling irons, they just don't work) I want and need something EASY! I do not like to spend time on my hair and I don...

No Use Crying Over Spilled Milk . . .

So being an emotional pregnant woman is definitely taking its tole on both me and Jeff (what a wonderful, patient, and understanding man he is). Saturday morning I was so excited because for the first time in weeks we actually had a morning together. I had planned to make us a delicious breakfast just like my dad always did for me. We had Eggs, Hashbrowns, and even Bacon; we were so excited. So I started cooking the bacon first, knowing it would take the longest. Then when I thought they were close to being done, Jeff started cooking the eggs and I threw on the hashbrowns. Well, needless to say, the eggs finished super fast and the others were not even close. And then to add more to my frustration the pan I was using for the hashbrowns was awful! Despite my many tablespoons of butter the entire thing was completely stuck! I switched pans in the middle to try to save them. In the meantime Jeff ate his eggs so they wouldn't get cold. I insisted on waiting so I could eat th...