Skip to main content

Diapers: and the winner is . . . .


We have been so blessed since Parker's arrival. We received many wonderful gifts and among those gifts were tons of diapers. Diapers for various brands including:
  • Huggies
  • Pampers
  • Walmart - Parent's Choice
  • Costco - Kirkland
We received so many diapers in fact that I just bought our first box and Parker is now 4 months old! So to all of you who contributed to our diaper cause, THANK YOU!!!

As a result of receiving so many different types of diapers, we were able to put them all to the test to find out which brand we liked best. And after trying literally hundreds of diapers for each brand we have finally reached a conclusion. . .Costco wins!!

Although all the diapers failed/leaked at one point Kirkland had the fewest. And Lucky for us they are the cheapest too! I love Costco!!


On a side note, sorry it has been so long since I have posted. Life is Great here in CA! We are having a blast and Parker is growing like a weed! He is now laughing, so as soon as we get it on tape, I will be sure to post it for every one's enjoyment. He is such a cutie and an amazing blessing to our family. And you better believe that being here with both sets of grandparents, he is already getting spoiled rotten!! I guess that is what grandparents are for. :) But they are loving every minute of it and so am I! Life is wonderful!

Comments

Janneke said…
Hurray!!! You know that I'm totally going to be coming to you with all of my brand questions. I'm already overwhelmed by all the choices for car seats, beds, diapers, strollers, etc etc... it's too much for me to handle. LOL. So, I'll put this one on my list of things to try first. :) Oh, and nice beard, Jeff!
We like the Kirkland brand too!! They are similar to Pampers Swaddlers, which Jared still likes best, but Kirkland is great!
Nicole said…
Yay! i'm happy you updated, and am glad you guys are having fun in CA! Can't wait to see you in a few months!
David said…
This is Rachel btw, NOT David.

that's awesome you just had to buy your first package of diapers.

I always thought parents' choice was cheaper than kirkland....maybe it's cheaper there in Cali, who knows. I might have to double check here.
Brad and Hailey said…
I love your family picture all of you in the sweaters! So cute :) Thankfully I haven't had any leaking problems yet :) We have had some fun poo shooting experiences but thankfully a much more knowledgeable nurse at the hospital taught me some tricks as getting shot at and all over my shirt was funny ... I was okay with just the one experience :)

Popular posts from this blog

What to pack . . .

So now that he really could come ANY DAY I figured it was probably time for me to pack my bag. I of course have one of those "What to bring" checklist, but I was wondering what your thoughts where. Is there anything you wish you had brought but didn't? Is there anything you would have died without if you hadn't brought it? I'm just so clueless! A few tips from you experienced mothers would be greatly appreciated!! I cant believe it is so close!!

Have you noticed?

I need a haircut ASAP! This is me saying, "I'll smile if you ignore my hair." Don't get me wrong, I am really excited I have long hair, I love having long hair , but it needs a little TLC. It has been a few months since I have even got a trim and I am still re-couping from a not so good hair cut. The last few times I have really CUT my hair, not just a trim, I was not pleased with the results. Now it would probably help if I was willing to pay more than $10 for a hair cut . . . but I'm Mrs. High Pockets as my father calls me and it is really hard for me to spend money on my hair. So I need your help! What do you think I should do? Before you make any suggestions you should know: It MUST be able to go back into a ponytail!!!!!!! My hair is STICK STRAIGHT My hair will not curl to save my life (via over night curls, hot curls, even curling irons, they just don't work) I want and need something EASY! I do not like to spend time on my hair and I don...

No Use Crying Over Spilled Milk . . .

So being an emotional pregnant woman is definitely taking its tole on both me and Jeff (what a wonderful, patient, and understanding man he is). Saturday morning I was so excited because for the first time in weeks we actually had a morning together. I had planned to make us a delicious breakfast just like my dad always did for me. We had Eggs, Hashbrowns, and even Bacon; we were so excited. So I started cooking the bacon first, knowing it would take the longest. Then when I thought they were close to being done, Jeff started cooking the eggs and I threw on the hashbrowns. Well, needless to say, the eggs finished super fast and the others were not even close. And then to add more to my frustration the pan I was using for the hashbrowns was awful! Despite my many tablespoons of butter the entire thing was completely stuck! I switched pans in the middle to try to save them. In the meantime Jeff ate his eggs so they wouldn't get cold. I insisted on waiting so I could eat th...