Skip to main content

Skydiving!!


About 2 1/2 years ago, Rick and Grandma Hammon decided that when Rick returned home from his mission, and if she was in good health they would go skydiving together. Well, Rick got home in June and the talk began. Grandma had worked really hard to get into shape, and the doctors gave her the go-ahead to jump. We were all so excited!

Grandma thought it would be neat to open it up to the whole family, so she did. She invited, her children and all of the grand kids and in-laws to join the Jump. I had been looking forward to it for a while and had been planning on jumping. Jeff on the other hand is scared to death of heights and the thought had not even cross his mind.

Well, the day finally arrived. On the drive up the number jumping was 6: Grandma Hammon, Rick, Jason, Janelle, Levi & Uncle Marc (I had recently found out that I was pregnant so I unfortunately could not jump. I was pretty bummed but if I had had a miscarriage I would have NEVER forgiven myself.) While they waited in line to pay we were all bugging Jeff to join the crew. We all knew he would love it if he could just get over the fear. Rick especially put the pressure on and at the last minute he decided to jump too. It was so last minute in fact that grandma had already paid. She of course was thrilled he was joining and got him all ready to go.
Unfortunately, there was a LONG wait. We waited just about 4 hours and the time finally came. I was so sad that I could not join the fun. Who knew the sacrifices would start so soon? It was still fun to watch everyone else jump, I'm sure not even close to the excitement as actually doing it. Hopefully I'll get to experience it one day too. For now I'll just have to live through the pictures and the videos.

Everyone loved, even Jeff. He even said he would go again with me someday. Grandma made the local paper as she is turning 70 years old this year and that is quite an accomplishment.

Here are a few pictures of the festivities, it was a wonderful & adventureous family day!

Comments

Ryan & Rachael said…
Rachael says she would love to do that. I said "That's crazy." You guys rock.

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...