
Jeff and I were blessed enough to come home to CA for the summer. It has been wonderful and I am so glad that we decided to come. We have had many great experience and wonderful adventures. Among one of the best was the Concord Stake conference the weekend of June 7, 2008.
We were all especially excited for this conference because one of the twelve apostles was going to be in attendance. It started off with the Priesthood session on Saturday, followed by the adult session. Jeff and dad went early and sat right in front in my parents usual pew. As soon as the Priesthood session ended my mom and I hurried in to join them there.
Pretty soon after we sat down, Elder L. Tom Perry came down and shook our hands. He started with my parents, and then followed down the line to Jeff next. As he was shaking Jeff's hand Elder Perry said to him, "Who is this next to you?" Jeff responded, "My wife, Rebecca." He then turned to me, grabbed my hand and asked, "Does he treat you like a queen?" I responded, "Yes, he does." Elder Perry then said, "Good, you let me know if he doesn't."
What a wonderful perspective, and even a paradigm shift. Out of all the things he could have said to us, he choose to ask about how Jeff treated me. It also brought me back to some council our sealer gave at our wedding, he told us to always treat each other as the king and queen we were. It was truly such a special moment that I will never forget. And although I do not think that Jeff and I have ever treated each other poorly, it reminded me that I could and should be better. I'm not sure how it made Jeff feel, but I think it was very neat for us. It was a perfect remind of God's love for us, and I'm so grateful for that wonderful experience He blessed us with.
Comments
Your blog is so cute, especially your name for it. And I love the baby monitor thing that you have on it. You are going to be a great mom, because you are so selfless and in touch with the Gospel and its teachings. When are you due?
Anyway, I feel blessed by you and Jeff's presence. You guys are the best.
Well, you heard of the "my good friend Dick" part of my testimony. (I'm starting to see a trend where only the funny part of things I say are shared.) But I also spoke extemporaneously about how grateful I am for the Priesthood and how it is basically an indicator of God's love for me because he trusts me with his authority.
Okay, well love you guys! =)