Skip to main content

It's Official!!

Who would have ever thought the day would come. Honestly, I think I am more sad than relieved. I have always been one of those weird kids who loved school. Honestly, when I was in third grade, I asked my teacher on the last day of school if she could give me extra math problems to do over the summer. I loved it! She probably gave me a couple thousand problems to do and I'm pretty sure I finished them all within the first couple weeks of summer break. I was an odd child, but I truly love to learn!


My BYU experience has been amazing. I cannot put into words how wonderful it has been to even give you a glimpse of it. I would have never imagined that school college would do so much for me. Not only learning what is taught in school, but truly learning about life and learning about me. I have made some of the dearest friends in the world who I hope will remain close long after our college days.


For those of you who are wondering, I majored in Family, home, & social science; in other words MOM! All I have ever wanted to be is a mother. Yes I have many interest and I changed my major at least 7 times. Kind of crazy, I know. But I like way too many things. I finally prayed a lot about it and realized what would be best for me and my future family and I loved every minute of it! My classes were amazing and I learned more than I thought possible.

I also minored in Music as well as PE: teaching & Coaching. The coaching minor was the best thing ever!! I loved it so much and I am so eager to have my own team to coach! It was such great experience. At first I thought I was crazy for adding it on because it was so many extra credits, but I really wanted to and I'm so glad I did. Many of my vary favorite teachers were from my Coaching classes. They were the best!


I must add that I truly could not have done it without my parents. They have been such an amazing stem of support. And yes that includes financially, but honestly it is so much more than their. Their love and encouragement is the only thing that got me through some of my roughest times which have also turned out to be the times of the most growth. I love them both dearly and owe them all the happiness I enjoy! Thank you mom and dad!!


Of course I must give a shout out to my Husband. He is the best man in the world and I am truly the luckiest woman alive to have him in my life. He is so good to me, much better than I deserve. And I love him more than anything! College has been quite an adventure for us and I am so glad we could share those experience together!
And also a thanks to the in laws who have also been a big support to us! As you can see, I have been richly blessed! And now my college experience is over. The only questing that remains is, what next?

Comments

Charla Ann said…
Yay! :) How are you guys doing in California? :)
heather said…
I'm glad to see updates ... but also realize that there should be more coming soon ... you can't keep us waiting too long!

Popular posts from this blog

The Light of the World

I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church.  Kinda daunting knowing it was Christmas Sunday, but I think it went pretty well.  I like remembering my talk so I'm throwing it up here mainly for my own record.  But maybe it will bless the lives of others too.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that the Light of Christ will be upon you and radiate from you now and forever. Jesus Christ: The Light of the World Rebecca’s talk given on 12/20/2015 Jesus Christ.  Can a topic be any broader? I have spent a lot of time over the last 6 weeks trying to decide what direction I wanted to go and I kept going back to the same thought, Jesus is the light of the world.  This is not an insignificant statement, but very profound and very important.  Let’s start from the beginning. Many Prophets have testified of the fact that Jesus Christ is the light of the world long before the Savior was even born.  The very first sign of his bir...

Because God Love's Us

  How is Christ’s Birth Significant to me Talk on 12/20/2020 Good Morning Brothers and Sisters & Merry Christmas!   Heavenly Father must know my preferred method for giving a talk is procrastinating because I have been called to fill in last minute on many occasions.   However, this is the first time it’s happened on Christmas Sunday.   But I am happy to be here with you and I’m so grateful for technology that allows us to meet and worship together, especially during this Christmas season.   I’m not gonna lie, this is weird speaking on zoom.   I much prefer being together and making eye contact with you and seeing your encouraging smiles.   So please bear with any awkwardness I may have.   When initially asked to speak, Brother Smith gave me the topic of “How Christ’s birth is significant to me.”   My initial response was, could that topic be any broader?   But then gratefully he followed it up with “Particularly from the prosp...

Kid's Talks

  Riley’s Primary Talk on Baptism 3/15/20 Today I want to talk on Baptism.   Being baptized is a commandment from Heavenly Father.   We have to be baptized to make it back to Him.   Even Jesus Christ was baptized.   If Jesus Christ was baptized we should be baptized too.   When we turn 8 years old we can choose to follow Jesus Christ’s example and be baptized too.   When we are baptized and confirmed we become members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.     If you have already been baptized, you should remember the covenants, or promises you made.   If you have not been baptized, you should study and pray and keep the commandments so that when you turn 8 years old you will be ready. We should all remember how important baptism is.   I am really excited I get to be baptized next year.   In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen Faith Parker’s Talk   2/16/20   Today, my talk is going to be about f...