Well, its me again. I have about a million other things I should be doing which is why in my blog drafts I still have titles including:
Riley is 15 Months old and is a little fireball! It is so fun to see her personality really come out these past couple of months. And I'll tell you what, this girl is no longer a baby! She is a big kid. Climbing EVERYTHING, jumping off EVERYTHING, dancing, running, talking, eating, and can be found wherever the big kids are. No joke. Our neighbor up the block has a kid just a few days younger than Ri, but I think because Ri has older siblings, she really is just so much older. It was so crazy to see. With the other kids I documented her words, so I figured I should do the same for her. I'm sure I'm missing a few but here are all the words she says on a regular basis.
- Riley's Birth story
- Disneyland
- Cornmaze (2013 AND 2014)
To name a few. Seriously, all of those are over a year old and I have some that are even older! I don't know why I get into such blogging funks. When I look back at the things I have it makes me so grateful I wrote stuff down. I kinda blame instagram for the past year. Chatbooks have made it so I have a printed daily glimpse of our lives at virtually no time spent on my part. Still, there is something to be said about the fact that I tend to be a photoaholic and extremely wordy. And one sentence and one picture just don't seem to do it justice. So maybe, just maybe I'll start this up again. Busy season is just around the corner, so who knows what that will hold for me. ;)
Anyway, a friend of mine just did a major catch up on her blog and it made me want to at least make an appearance again. So here is a little bit about right now.
- Mama
- Daddy
- Parker
- Emily
- Riley
- Grandma
- Grandpa
- More
- Please
- Thank you
- Yeah
- Uh oh
- Yes
- No
- Let go (she obviously has older siblings, and I obviously say that enough for it to be amung her first words. haha)
- Baby
- GG
- Hello
- Bye bye
- Owie
- Shoes
- Socks
- All done
- Outside (ous)
- Yay
- Peek-a-boo
Anyway, I love this girl like crazy and feel beyond blessed that she joined our family! My life would not be as joyful without her, my Smiley Riley.
Emily has really grown up to me these past few months. With P in school now, it gives us a lot of one on one time which has been so wonderful. This girl is amazing. She is one of the bravest, and hardest working kids I know. She really is am amazing big sister and is always helping me and Riley. She is so smart. I swear she would have flown through kindergarten this year if she was allowed in. Her favorite thing to do right now is write. She writes everything. She makes cards for people all day long. Mostly for her dad and Parker, then she hides them in the house somewhere for them to find. It is so sweet finding little loves notes around. She knows how to write and spell everyone's name all by herself, and loves to copy any letters she finds. I often see movie titles, books, my computer screen all written down on various pieces of paper. Cracks me up. This girl can also push my buttons like no one else, but luckily we are smiles more than frowns around here.
The P-man is a full fledged kindergartner. I am so glad we decided to send him to school rather than homeschool. Although I know both provide many different benefits it really was the right fit for us this year. He has loved school. I love seeing him so excited to go, and so excited to show me what he has made. I love walking to school with him and getting all excited to say hi to his new friends. He really is such a good kid and has really grown up these past 2 months. His current favorite thing is play soccer. We have been a part of the CYC soccer program for a year now, but they just recently opened up a soccer league on Saturdays for a steal of a deal so we thought we would try it out. I am so glad we did! He plays for a full hour and I kid you not, the second they blow the whistle to end the game he runs up to me and asks if he can keep playing. He LOVES it! I never thought I'd be a soccer mom, but I sure do love watching him play. It has really helped with his sportsmanship as well. He is slightly extremely competitive, just like his mama.
And i'm pretty sure everyone has heard that baby number 4 is on the way!
We told our extended family by playing pictionary. It was so fun!
In the past I have always known i was pregnant before even taking a test and as a result, Jeff always knew as well. This time, I decided to take the test without him. Right after I took the test this text convo happened:
I was seriously cracking up when he texted me. So much for telling him in a fun way. I asked him to take a pic of me, he somehow manages to capture great shots. Haha! At least he got one good one. This is me about 9 weeks.
This week marks the end of my first trimester. WOOT WOOT! I'm growing like crazy already. I dont get how all of my friend don't start showing until 20 weeks, and here I am ready to bust out my maternity clothes. O-well. Baby is Due the second week of May. It still doesn't seem real. I mean, 4 kids... blowing my mind. But we both love how P and Em are so close. They have always had each other. Next year they will both be in school and it would have been just poor Ri left at home, but now she can have a little buddy too. :) The weirdest part is probably the fact that we always have said we'd have 4 kids, but the thought of this being my last pregnancy is really weird. I guess only time will tell.
We will most likely find out the gender just before Christmas. I would LOVE to do a surprise again like we did with Ri, it was so much fun! But i basically made Jeff go along with that, so it is only fair to let Jeff decide this time around. But if we do I have awesome plans for a gender reveal party! I found the perfect way to find out that even the kids will love. That is making me more excited to find out early. :)
I almost forgot to mention that this awesome guy got promoted a year EARLY! Everybody be impressed because it is a big deal! We are already noticing a difference. He works from home more, he doesn't have to travel for 2 weeks at a time anymore, not to mention the boost to the resume. I am so proud of this guy!
Anyway, as you can tell, things are going great in our little fam bam. I feel so very very blessed everyday.

Comments